• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somewhere to dig?

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Do all of your bunnies have somewhere to dig? If so what have you provided them with? I'm especially interested in what those of you with long haired rabbits use :)

I use straw and old blankets...can't really use soil as mine live indoors and that would just make a massive mess :lol:

For my pair who are indoor bunnies, i use a feraplast indoor rabbit cage full of hay for digging and in the summer we have a sand box full of earth. My bunnies are both lion heads.

They also have blankets for pushing around only because neither seem to chew. If they chew fabric (my perdy used to) they they couldnt have blankets because of the risk of blockages.

What I've seen on here, and what I am planning to do is buy a sandpit put drainage holes in it fill it with soil, add grass seed and when established put in their run. No idea how it would work though!

Back