• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilley the dog update, LOTS of piccies!

Hele

Warren Veteran
I can't believe its been two weeks since we brought her home, she has been absolutely wonderful. I am so glad we chose rescue, we have a dog that has fitted perfectly into our lifestyle. her behaviour in the house is impeccable, she doesn't listen all that well on walks but it is early days yet and I can already let her off the lead in secure environments so I am sure we will get there with her soon.

Her temperament is spot on, she is so soppy I think we could do anything with her, she got glass in her paw (really embedded so i didnt see it straight away despite washing thoroughly and looking carefully) she let me wash the paw and bind it up to stop the bleeding, walked on it for a day without a limp and then let me dig the glass out with tweezers, all without reacting or even whining let alone growling! she didn't even have anyone holding her whilst I dug the glass out she just lay there upside down next to me and watched!!!

Here are a few photos of my wonderful girl (taken on a mix of phone, ipad and camera so of various qualities!)

her fave place... the sofa

[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Hele979/media/DSCF9599_zpsfdee5aa6.jpg.html]

she isn't always keen on going out in the garden

more...

Last edited:
But loves her walks

And fetch is the best game ever... but only with a stick, nothing else is worth chasing!

Go on then... throw it!!!

I think she has settled in well...

She looks absolutely beautiful & so chilled. I have 3 rescues & they are all been fab - different qualities from having them from a puppy.
Just one thing, please take care with sticks. I have seen some horrible accidents with dogs & sticks.

Awwww doggy, what big paws you have :shock:!!!

Loving the stretch on the sofa, looks like she's attempting yoga!

She looks absolutely beautiful & so chilled. I have 3 rescues & they are all been fab - different qualities from having them from a puppy.
Just one thing, please take care with sticks. I have seen some horrible accidents with dogs & sticks.

She looks as though she has been with you forever, very settled :)
I second the advice on taking care with the sticks, they can splinter in the throat and cause really nasty damage. What about trying a rubber stick?
She's so beautiful, I love the pic of her lying on her back on the sofa. She looks very happy and full of character :lol: :love:

Thanks everyone :love: I think I am in shock that I actually have a dog :shock: it's not like I have wanted one for about 20 years or anything! :lol:

I know, I have tried so many things, she will chase them but not bring them back! :roll: I am going to get a football type thing with ropes on and see if that works, if not a safe stick thing despite the price!!! But I'm not sure if she will play with even that, I showed her one in a pet shop and got very little reaction. Tennis balls she ignores, toys she chases but doesn't even pick up... But if you have a stick she will love you forever :roll:

I might start tennis ball training in the living room later, it would be the easiest option!

Success!!! A rubber felt covered rubber bone on a rope makes a suitable fetch toy! :thumb:

A rope tuggy thing didn't, a ball on a rope didn't, a ball didn't, a toy duck didn't, a rubber ring toy didn't but apparently the rubber bone was good enough! :lol::lol::lol:

We now have a very muddy dog toy and a sleepy dog! :love:

Back