• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Malcolm, my little man.

Riggs

Warren Scout
After weeks of vets visits, increasing medication, syringe and hand feeding my friend, my little man, Husbun to Blossom, my Malcolm lost his fight to stay with us and left for the Bridge.

He had a wonderful day yesterday, getting to go out into the garden to bask in the sun and forage for bramble leaves and eat fresh grass, he really enjoyed himself and it was looking like we were getting the old Malcolm back I fed him mushy pellets in the evening which he loved and he ate some veg overnight, as he has been struggling to eat he has been sleeping in our bedroom so that I could monitor goods in and goods out)

He had a go at some pellets this morning but was a bit quiet all day, I fed him some mashed veg at about 6 this evening which he loved and really tucked into.

At 7 it was med's time and it was obvious that things weren't right, he had a couple of twitches earlier and looked uncomfortable so I gave him his Metacam early which he didn't even struggle about which really wasn't him, as he tried to get down off of my lap it was apparent that he had lost the control of his legs and I knew the time to say good-by was not far away.

I spent the next hour laying down with him on my chest giving him strokes and nose rubs and he passed quietly away in my arms at about 8:30.

I am so glad that I was able to comfort him in his last hours and hope that it helped him pass peacefully.

He will be missed by us all.

Hope you are safely at the Bridge my Best Boy and have met up with your first love Thumpa who I am sure has been waiting for you.

Malcolm Yesterday enjoying a bramble leaf

And soaking up some rays.

So glad that he got to do the things that he enjoyed so much before he left.

Binky Free little man you will live forever in my heart.

Im so sorry you've lost Malcom :cry: Those pics of him are wonderful and will be a comfort in the future. He clearly had a great life with you.
Binky free at the bridge xxx

So sorry to hear this but glad that he had a lovely day with you by his side before a peaceful passing. Binky free little man.

Last edited:
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear Malcolm has passed. :(
((((((((((((((Sending gentle hugs))))))))))))))))
Binky free, Malcolm xxxx

Sorry you lost your little bun. I am sure that he was comforted to know he was loved and with you at his passing.

Rest easy at The Bridge Malcolm. xxx

Thinking of you xxx

Thank you all for your kind comments and support in this difficult time, Blossom keeps looking in all of Malcolm's favourite places to see if he is there, when I came in this evening I sat on the floor with her and she kept trying to look around me, I think it is because over the last week when I appeared Malcolm was not far away.

She is still eating and stuff and keeps chasing Jasper the Cat off when he goes anywhere near any of Malcolm's places, turning into a real feisty little madam.

Heres Malcolm in healthier and happier times, we all miss him terribly.

With his first love Thumpa.

And with Blosskins.

Love you Malcolm, binky free little man and say hello to Thumpa for us.

Last edited:
What a beautiful boy :love: So very pleased he had such a lovely time before he went to the bridge - binky free little guy.

Back