• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who needs the gym

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Who needs the gym when you have timothy hay from timothyhay. It's like a workout trying to get some out of the bag! :lol:

Who needs the gym when you have timothy hay from timothyhay. It's like a workout trying to get some out of the bag! :lol:

I've just had this issue with my newest bale!

First I had to get it out the car... It's about 15kg, so not really heavy, but quite heavy! Then it was slightly larger in shape than usual so instead of slotting perfectly into my boot it had been forced in a bit, so needed forcing out again! Then carried it in, then fought with blunt scissors and the string tying the bale up, thinking it would make it easier to get some hay off the top, it wasn't....

Tomorrow I need to get it from the hall to the out house in the back garden... Then Hoover up the massive mess I made :oops:

On the plus side this new bale is amazingly stalky and tough just like my two love it, although that is probably a contributory factor in it being so tough to take some from the bale!

I use a small garden hand fork to 'encourage' it out of the bale :lol:. Helps you get a bit of leverage! But it's worth wrestling with the bale because the buns absolutely love it.

I've just had this issue with my newest bale!

First I had to get it out the car... It's about 15kg, so not really heavy, but quite heavy! Then it was slightly larger in shape than usual so instead of slotting perfectly into my boot it had been forced in a bit, so needed forcing out again! Then carried it in, then fought with blunt scissors and the string tying the bale up, thinking it would make it easier to get some hay off the top, it wasn't....

Tomorrow I need to get it from the hall to the out house in the back garden... Then Hoover up the massive mess I made :oops:

On the plus side this new bale is amazingly stalky and tough just like my two love it, although that is probably a contributory factor in it being so tough to take some from the bale!

15kg isn't heavy? *faints* I can't lift that at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15kg isn't heavy? *faints* I can't lift that at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's about 15... Well the food I buy is a 15kg bag and it's about the same as the bale, but the food is harder to carry because there's nothing to grab onto! I remember first getting the 15kg food bag and hardly being able to lift it, so j must have developed some more upper body strength in the last 3 years! Probably through wrestling with hay bales :lol:

Back