• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did a stupid thing...

Karen's

Mama Doe
I'm hoping to bond my two m/f pairs into a quad in a couple of weeks time, but today as the weather was quite nice, and the garden not quite so swampy, I decided to let them out to free range...together! .. I hoped that as they hadn't free ranged since about October they'd be so happy at being out again they would ignore each other and start munching grass and binkying around.... Well they did two of those, but my two girls also had a bit of a fight :( no bun got hurt but everybun was a bit skitty after that.
I knew it was risky but I must have woken up with my rose tinted glasses on this morning.
I feel all disheartened :(

these things are sent to try us. i think I've had two pairs living side by side for over a year. they seem to get along ok. but i daren't put them together...:shock:...i'm a coward...

I bonded my trio that way they were all outdoor buns in own hutches and runs

Let stu out a few times with the two babies in their run then babies out stu in his run, then just let them in the garden together they could all go back to their own hutches a little chasing and humping from stu mainly after an hour or so the chasing stopped and they all settled to nomming grass and just running about then back to their own hutches and out again next day this I did until the second Runnaround came then I joined hutches to the big run and let them get on with it :shock: no neutralising just a good clean out of both hutches and some bed sharing :D

Tho going by what others say about bonding I was very lucky :oops:

Ah ha! Mrsmcarey, I blame you! I must have read your post and it sat there in my subconscious waiting for a weak moment to pounce!
I had a better look at my girls today and one of them has a little bite on her mouth/lip I think so I've booked her into the vets for a little check, she needs her vacs anyway.
I'm still going to go ahead with the attempted quad in a few weeks time but I'll do it by the book I think, now where can I buy a gallon of white vinegar? :lol:

You could definitely slowly wean them back together. You want to start small, as to going back to putting their cages together and swapping each other litter boxes or beds. Don't feel totally bad. We learn from our mistakes, with and without animals. It's okay:thumb:

Back