• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst

scatter

Alpha Buck
What are people's thoughts on it?

One of my buns is very gassy/stasis prone and I'm thinking of only giving her these instead of any other pellets - just trying to eliminate every possible trigger!!:wave:

I use it alongside pellets at the minute but am considered cutting the pellets altogether and just using this.

My buns aren't raving about it but they will eat it.

I use it alongside pellets at the minute but am considered cutting the pellets altogether and just using this.

:) I thought this may happen!!! They do sound quite good though and I like the size of them too...

I give it to mine alongside science selective. The buns don't seem too fussed with it tbh, they eat it, but they always pick the science selective pellets out first!

My girls quite enjoy it as a bedtime treat along with their herbs. In fact, I asked very recently on here the best/cheapest place to get it from and apparently it's Pets At Home, £3 a box. I'll be popping along at some point this week as I'm running out.

My girls quite enjoy it as a bedtime treat along with their herbs. In fact, I asked very recently on here the best/cheapest place to get it from and apparently it's Pets At Home, £3 a box. I'll be popping along at some point this week as I'm running out.

:thumb: That's useful to know - and that's a good price from my searches - I will pop in there I think :)

Mine LOVE it. I only give my bunnies a few pellets a day (honestly, about 5 or 6 Burgess pellets :lol:) and then two of the fibafirst sticks, combined with unlimited hay and some herbs. Their coats are the softest and shiniest that they've been in ages :)

I give it as a treat and my buns love it. It seems very good value AND has the bonus of being one of the healthier treats for rabbits so it's win-win for me:D

My two are only fed fibafirst, they have a handful, maybe 10 sticks, between them once a day. They seem to love them, always very keen!

Mine LOVE it. I only give my bunnies a few pellets a day (honestly, about 5 or 6 Burgess pellets :lol:) and then two of the fibafirst sticks, combined with unlimited hay and some herbs. Their coats are the softest and shiniest that they've been in ages :)

That's great - and thanks for the amounts too - I wasn't sure how many I should feed:)

I used to give my two girls Supreme Vetcare Digestive pellets which are similar in type to the Fibafirst. My girls are quite stasis prone so I tried these pellets. Although they helped the problem and they didn't have stasis whilst being fed these, the girls didn't love them and would leave them occasionally. So I changed them over to Science Selective Mature and they love them and I've had no stasis problems with them either.

They were originally fed Science Selective adult but this obviously didn't agree with their tummies but the Mature version does.

I popped into pets at home today to get some fibafirst to try, and noticed it was on offer at only £2 a box. I checked online and it's an online deal too, so should be in all shops too hopefully! Haven't tried it with N&T yet as they're at the vets, but it certainly looks quite fun!

Mine have two of the longer ones between the three of them as their treat each day but they do prefer their excel pellets and fresh veg.

This is exactly what I'm doing. The pellets get eaten first but they do eat the Fibafirst eventually. Once all the SS pellets are gone, they'll just get hay and veg/forage/grass plus a couple of sticks of Fibafirst each per day. The guinea pigs, on the other hand, LOVE the GP Fibafirst. Mind you, GP's will eat ANYTHING :lol:.

Last edited:

My local P@H had it for £2 a box this week. I bought four 500g boxes as it worked out cheaper than a large 2kg box.

Back