• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More problems with Fiver

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
:cry:

So, he is still not using his leg properly. I honestly don't think it's ever going to heal 100%. The problem I am having now, is that the hock on his "good" foot is getting very sore and starting to spread. :( He already has a lot of soft things in my room, but I can only do so much. I think even with "perfect" flooring, he'd still get the sore hock because nearly all his weight is on his good leg, and so putting pressure on his sore hock. :cry:

I honestly am at a loss at what to do. He's always had sore patches on his heels from the arthritis making him hop a little "wrong", but I have no idea what I can do for the hock that is getting worse. :( I can't bandage it (it's not at that stage yet, anyway) and he HATES having cream or anything put on it..plus I think that would just make things worse, as the sore hock can't heal when he is using it constantly. :cry:

I feel so bad for him. The leg obviously bothers him, and he is constantly licking his toes. I have noticed that he can now scratch himself with his bad leg, so maybe it is getting better, but he still hops with it stuck out at an odd angle, and he's STILL knuckling over on his toes.

This is more of a rant than anything, since I don't really think there is an answer to the problem. :(

I think the only option is to use an anti-pressure dressing on the sore hock. If the damage to his other leg is permanent then the sore hock is just going to get worse.

I think the only option is to use an anti-pressure dressing on the sore hock. If the damage to his other leg is permanent then the sore hock is just going to get worse.

He wouldn't tolerate it. :( I tried bandaging his feet before and he just hurt himself getting the bandages off.

Back