• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mint and bunny eye infections?

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi,

My rabbit Betty gets recurrent infections in her eye due to tooth root problems. To cut a long story short she has a tiny head, long tooth roots on her right side. At the moment, we monitor and treat her eyes with drops and occasional flushing which works ok at the moment.

I was reading online about herbs and found that mint can be good for eye infections in rabbits.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Also if this could help her, I usually only give her a sprig or so as not to upset her tummy but how much would other people recommend and how often should I give it to her?

Also does anyone know of any other herbs which could be helpful for her?

I've never heard of mint being good for eye infections, but that's not to say it isn't! I believe mint has a fair amount of calcium so I feed it more sparingly than some other herbs.

Cooled boiled water and a cotton wool ball is what I use to clean eyes. Or better still, a partner to groom around the eyes! :D

Back