• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit chasing - fun or not?

sparkyblue87

Young Bun
Our two female rabbits are both spayed and bonded. They have the odd tiff but are generally loved up! When they are playing together they appear to play chase, this usually results in one of them doing a mini bunny 500 afterwards!

Is this usual behaviour? If so how do you distinguish the difference between fun chasing and fighty chasing?

Sorry if this is a silly question

When mine are chasing for dominance their ears are back and it's quite a clear chase. If it's for fun it's often slower (slightly) and lots of jumping and twirling, more like a dance :)

In a similar vein - DP will be super friendly until I put my wellies on to take him outside when he becomes a complete monkey to catch until he decides he's been chased enough or you trick him and he licks you as soon as you pick him up.
His ears are up throughout and he really doesn't look scared so I think he's playing with us
So I agree with springfield24 - ears up is ok, ears down not so much

Back