• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping and Chasing

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Just been watching my 5 month old Rex sisters in the run and there seems to be a bit of humping and chasing going on already. Also a bit of a grunt at me by one of them when I went to get them in!

I'm worried they may fall out before they are spayed :?

If there are no challenges to dominance then things may be OK, but if there is a challenge then fighting could occur. Do you have other Rabbits ?

Things would get even more heated if ovulation is stimulated (due to the dominance humping), pseudopregnacy could also occur.

Would your Vet spay them now ? Not sure how old they are ?

I do have my other bonded pair but I have kept them the other end of the garden, tho I'm sure they can all smell each other.

They are definitely girls and they are 5 months old. Is that too young to be spayed?

They are going for their vaccinations Monday so i'll have a chat with the vet xx

I do have my other bonded pair but I have kept them the other end of the garden, tho I'm sure they can all smell each other.

They are definitely girls and they are 5 months old. Is that too young to be spayed?

They are going for their vaccinations Monday so i'll have a chat with the vet xx

5 months should be OK for a spay.

If they can smell the other Rabbits that will increase the risk of them fighting.

Back