PDA

View Full Version : Humping and Chasing

bunbuns
22-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Just been watching my 5 month old Rex sisters in the run and there seems to be a bit of humping and chasing going on already. Also a bit of a grunt at me by one of them when I went to get them in!

I'm worried they may fall out before they are spayed :?

tonibun
22-02-2014, 06:07 PM
No they shouldn't do, one will be dominant though and chase the other. Sure they are both girls? :)

Jack's-Jane
22-02-2014, 06:12 PM
If there are no challenges to dominance then things may be OK, but if there is a challenge then fighting could occur. Do you have other Rabbits ?

Things would get even more heated if ovulation is stimulated (due to the dominance humping), pseudopregnacy could also occur.

Would your Vet spay them now ? Not sure how old they are ?

bunbuns
22-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I do have my other bonded pair but I have kept them the other end of the garden, tho I'm sure they can all smell each other.

They are definitely girls and they are 5 months old. Is that too young to be spayed?

They are going for their vaccinations Monday so i'll have a chat with the vet xx

Jack's-Jane
22-02-2014, 07:57 PM
I do have my other bonded pair but I have kept them the other end of the garden, tho I'm sure they can all smell each other.

They are definitely girls and they are 5 months old. Is that too young to be spayed?

They are going for their vaccinations Monday so i'll have a chat with the vet xx

5 months should be OK for a spay.

If they can smell the other Rabbits that will increase the risk of them fighting.

bunbuns
22-02-2014, 08:30 PM
5 months should be OK for a spay.

If they can smell the other Rabbits that will increase the risk of them fighting.

Thanks Jane. If the vet says all is ok I'll get them booked in ASAP x