• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SO happy. (Bunny & Hay related, haha)

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Some of you will have seen my other thread but if not, on Tuesday this little fella came to live with me, his name is Teddy :):love:

I saw him advertised on Rabbit Rehome as a neutered male and thought he'd be perfect for Wotsit, but decided to leave it as he was 45 minutes away and I don't drive at the moment.

I was then on Facebook, browsing a rescue page that I'm a part of, and his owner was advertising him on there too. I then decided it was fate (as you do) and the lady arranged to drop him at mine with all of his stuff the next day.

Well, when he arrived there was not a scrap of hay in his cage, and when I gave him some he looked at it like it was a UFO or something. Not only had he not been given hay, but he was definitely NOT neutered, I could tell just by looking at his behaviour. (He went in for the op on Thursday and has recovered brilliantly) Even more than that, I found a tick on his ear and he has mites :cry: So the Ivermectin is in the post and I haven't been touching the other four bunnies without scrubbing everything first. It's a good job no money changed hands as he's already cost me a fortune...

BUT this morning I woke up to the sound of hay munching, he's finally understood what it's for :love: So happy.

Well done Teddy :love::love:

I remember when we first had Leo and all he had had for 5 years was soiled on and dirty hay. It took him a few days after his dental to really start eating hay but he was always munching :love: such a great feeling :love:

Well done Teddy :love::love:

I remember when we first had Leo and all he had had for 5 years was soiled on and dirty hay. It took him a few days after his dental to really start eating hay but he was always munching :love: such a great feeling :love:

It really is so lovely to know that I'm already helping him :) Very excited to start bonding in a month or so.

He's a lucky boy to have you taking care of him properly now.

Can't believe the owner was advertising him as neutered, that could have been a disaster if he ended up with an unspayed female.

Hope his mites are sorted soon and you can get bonding!

How lovely that you've been able to take him on and sort him out!

He sounds like he's fit right in at your place now :D

Thanks guys :love: He was neutered on Thursday but is still so hormonal :lol: He was circling me yesterday and grunting, and last night he was humping his fluffy bed! Had to take it away in the end as I don't want him to hurt his bits. I hope they definitely removed everything :lol: I know it can take 6-8 weeks for hormones to die down, but none of my boys have ever been like this :shock:

What a beautiful boy :love: So pleased he has a lovely home now.

It took Sheldon AGES to get over his hormones after his neuter - and he still tries to hump his wife (he's really bad at that at the moment) and he was done March last year...I think some buns are just more 'virile' than others :oops::lol:

What a beautiful boy :love: So pleased he has a lovely home now.

It took Sheldon AGES to get over his hormones after his neuter - and he still tries to hump his wife (he's really bad at that at the moment) and he was done March last year...I think some buns are just more 'virile' than others :oops::lol:

Yes, Blackavar was a stud bunny rescued from a BYB and although he's been neutered, he still likes grunting & humping a away at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back