• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marbles' 'operation destruction' - how do house bun owners cope?!

katie88

Mama Doe
Oh my goodness, how do all you house bun owners cope?! I thought I'd let marbles out for some free range time in my room tonight as she's been in a dog crate since she's been unwell and now sshe's starting to get a bit better she looks like she feels a bit cooped up.

Within 5 minutes she's dragged hay everywhere, knocked a load of food bags over and helped herself to some dried clover mix! I love having her inside and will be sad to put her back out but honestly, how are all the house bun owners not constantly exhausted?! :lol:

:lol: I AM constantly exhausted!! Physicallly and mentally, seven days a week, it never ends. There is hay everywhere, even an hour after hoovering up. The skirting boards are chewed, the carpet is pulled up all around the edges, my my duvet and cover have a big hole in, there is wallpaper missing.. But I love them :love:

:lol: I AM constantly exhausted!! Physicallly and mentally, seven days a week, it never ends. There is hay everywhere, even an hour after hoovering up. The skirting boards are chewed, the carpet is pulled up all around the edges, my my duvet and cover have a big hole in, there is wallpaper missing.. But I love them :love:

All the above plus I went shopping and to the hairdressers today. Got back and sat down for a brew and saw the big hole a certain bun has chewed in the front leg of my favourite jeans :evil:

I honestly don't know how you guys do it! It is lovely having them inside though, to be fair if I wasn't living with parents at the moment I think I'd be tempted to make marbles a permanent house bun.

Mine were hyper last night, taking it in turns to dig the hay out of the hay basket across the lounge floor!! They then spent ages digging it on the floor and Dudley was so pleased with his evenings work he finished in style by binkying all over it :lol:

BD895B40-1F1E-48C5-9887-9392ACDD2108-2251-000002BC5F816345_zpse19848ac.jpg

Buster used to live in the kitchen/bathroom. After finding him down the loo when I got back from work one day he then just had the kitchen. Then he kept jumping the partition (the kitchen has no door) so he moved to upstairs bedroom. He chewed the carpet and the treadmill. The wires, wardrobe and skirting boards so he moved to the dining room. He chewed the phone and the main phone line in there. The carpet he has chewed a hole thought the dining room door and Alfie added his own little bits so them I have penned them off in there :D The front room has had a bunny make over, they don't like the wallpaper but then I don't either :D

Mine were hyper last night, taking it in turns to dig the hay out of the hay basket across the lounge floor!! They then spent ages digging it on the floor and Dudley was so pleased with his evenings work he finished in style by binkying all over it :lol:

BD895B40-1F1E-48C5-9887-9392ACDD2108-2251-000002BC5F816345_zpse19848ac.jpg

Is this your lounge??!! :shock: :lol:

I am loving all these housebun stories keep them coming!

Well...Marbles is feeling better then I take it? :)
My house is a complete tip due to hay getting everywhere (they prefer a floor full to snuggle in rather than soft beds or blankets) and having to store so many bunny supplies indoors (we have no shed close to the house for winter access) but despite the extra work I love having them inside where I can keep an eye on them. When we get back to the states they'll be moved outdoors and I think I'll bunk with them as a preference! :lol:

Well...Marbles is feeling better then I take it? :)
My house is a complete tip due to hay getting everywhere (they prefer a floor full to snuggle in rather than soft beds or blankets) and having to store so many bunny supplies indoors (we have no shed close to the house for winter access) but despite the extra work I love having them inside where I can keep an eye on them. When we get back to the states they'll be moved outdoors and I think I'll bunk with them as a preference! :lol:

Her ear is still badly infected but she has definitely regained her cheekiness :love:

Hay just gets everywhere! I can't hoover either as she doesn't like the noise so I am sleeping in a complete tip! Also it's hard to get anything done, it's a bit like when there's a baby around! :lol:

Extreme bunny proofing does the trick for me :) things that I don't want to be destroyed are kept either on the table or in the closet however there is always a certain amount of hay on the floor. :oops:

Spenser: I do not understand all this talk of mess. :? What business is it of the Mummies how we bunnies choose to arrange our things? :p;) My Mummy insists on my room being hoovered at least once a week. :evil:Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to make it feel homely again. :roll:

A lot of patience :lol: and just accepting that their room will slowly but surely be destroyed... I am slowly losing the wallpaper (thanks Ellie)! Naughty girl.

Spenser: I do not understand all this talk of mess. :? What business is it of the Mummies how we bunnies choose to arrange our things? :p;) My Mummy insists on my room being hoovered at least once a week. :evil:Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to make it feel homely again. :roll:

Marbles: My mummy tried to come in with this thing called the hoover yesterday, it was horrible so I thumped and jumped around until mummy felt guilty and stopped :D Humans are stupid. I can't believe your mummy does it once a week!

Is this your lounge??!! :shock: :lol:

Yes it sure is!! Well actually it used to be the dining room which is knocked through into the lounge! The lounge section is just as bad, with bunny tubes, houses, toys and fleeces :lol: needless to say I don't allow many visitors and my friends and family think Im nuts!!!

Yes it sure is!! Well actually it used to be the dining room which is knocked through into the lounge! The lounge section is just as bad, with bunny tubes, houses, toys and fleeces :lol: needless to say I don't allow many visitors and my friends and family think Im nuts!!!

Your bunnies are very lucky :love: Hay on carpet just drives me nuts, it spreads everywhere!

Buster used to live in the kitchen/bathroom. After finding him down the loo when I got back from work one day he then just had the kitchen. Then he kept jumping the partition (the kitchen has no door) so he moved to upstairs bedroom. He chewed the carpet and the treadmill. The wires, wardrobe and skirting boards so he moved to the dining room. He chewed the phone and the main phone line in there. The carpet he has chewed a hole thought the dining room door and Alfie added his own little bits so them I have penned them off in there :D The front room has had a bunny make over, they don't like the wallpaper but then I don't either :D

I know I shouldn't laugh, but you found him down the loo??!! Poor Buster!! Was he thoroughly wet through and miserable?

Back