• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi help is this true my vet is good but she is saying it's high risk

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
To get her done she won't do her speedin and she as said that she we'll need to be as she can get ell when she is older ????? Not sure we're to go from here live in huntly aberdeenshire is there any other vet I can go to ???? To get this done ;( my little princess just want best for here
e36e6e9c5b788df28829977e4e2f8e4b_zpsbcac9182.jpg
:love:
6bcfa9e9a4b1057e878a7951e1cf02c7_zps22fd6f88.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I am not sure I understand your post.

Female rabbits should be speed as it helps to prevent cancer and also means they can be bonded with a neutered male.

Most vets won't spay until they are about 16 weeks but it totally depends on the size of the bunny and some vets won't do it until they are 6 months.

She is 6months and 2weeks old my vet as said because she giant papllion she higher risk and she won't do speed in

She is 6months and 2weeks old my vet as said because she giant papllion she higher risk and she won't do speed in

Has your vet said she will do it when she is older, or that she won't do it at all?

I would definitely be looking for a different vet. There are risks involved but they certainly outweigh the risks of getting cancer as she gets older.

She as said she won't do it to go to vet in Aberdeen but I live in huntly and it's long way on train for bunny but I may have to

Has your vet said she will do it when she is older, or that she won't do it at all?

I would definitely be looking for a different vet. There are risks involved but they certainly outweigh the risks of getting cancer as she gets older.

This, and then she could be bonded x

I do know someone that has giants, and they wait till they are a little older to get them spayed, and this is also backed up by the vet.

i think it was something to do with the possible correlation between spaying when young and heart problems.
shall have to have a look and do more research about it.

it is a bit of a gamble.

Back