• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Having her poorly feet soaked in sea salted water

Her hock is looking a bit better

from this

to this

She has started to chew off the bandages now, so I am having to leave them off as if she ingests a lot of bandage/dressing we are in even more trouble.

The symptoms of her suspected Thymoma have not become any worse yet, but you can see that her eyes are bulging slightly. This can become much worse if she is stressed :cry:

Bless her. You have worked wonders with those poorly feet. Does she co-operate when you bathe them? I can imagine Berry would go nuts! Hope you are having a good coping day. X x

i never thought to put the whole foot in the water. :shock: i always dab the area with cotton wool pads soaked in the salt water. it's such good stuff though isn't it. works so well. x

Bless her. You have worked wonders with those poorly feet. Does she co-operate when you bathe them? I can imagine Berry would go nuts! Hope you are having a good coping day. X x

Yes, she is very good. Even when her feet are especially sore. She has pain relief given about an hour before I do the foot soaks.

Good grief...I never thought of using a salt water brine to help the bunnies with their sore feet. (forehead slap) I used to live near the beach and there wasn't anything better for my aching dogs than a good soak in the surf! :)

I think I'll give that a try for both Fiver and Mimzy...if they'll cooperate. My vet wanted me to use really weak betadine but I worry I won't get it all rinsed off and they'll ingest it. Salt water wash is far easier to clear away.

I really hope Lady Lydia's feet will be feeling better soon. :love: xxxx

Her feet looks miles better!
how often do you do the soaks?

shes so good allowing you to do that :)
i go near bailey with a damp hand and he runs away flicking his feet's :lol: he hates the water

Back