• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Makes me so mad with pll see dog with rabbit can u trust him yes I can

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
Vinney gizmo she was nine weeks old when I get her vinney loves her to bits
4262D541-09A7-4AB8-804E-6EF9705CAB0F_zpskgfmwudz.jpg

As long as they are never ever left together unsupervised then Rabbits and dogs can get along. But as with all interspecies interaction, the human care givers are 100% responsible for the safety of the animals concerned. Leaving a dog and a Rabbit together unsupervised would be irresponsible.

I used to have a Dog and a Rabbit who were great friends

I'm sure people aren't trying to be rude or annoying when they ask this, they're probably just surprised they are such good friends and its quite unusual.

I would never be able to trust my parents or my OH parents dogs with Poppy, they Labradors and Pointers and therefore quite prey ordinated.

However when I was little I had 2 rabbits: A grey one that was super feisty, you had to wear gloves and wellies if you needed to handle her, and she was best friends with one of our springer spaniels they would spend ages chasing each other and then snuggle up together. I also had a black one who was the polar opposite of the grey, a complete sweety and she was best friends with our other spaniel who was also much softer, they would just lay out together and in the final days when Scampi was poorly the spaniel would lick her as if she was her poorly pup!

I don't have a problem with others putting their bunnies with dogs, as long as they're aware of the risks and wouldn't punish the dog if the worst happened. I'd never put them together myself, but then again my rabbit was killed by a dog so I'm overly cautious! :lol:

Both yours and JJ's are stunning rabbits/dogs :love:

I don't have a problem with others putting their bunnies with dogs, as long as they're aware of the risks and wouldn't punish the dog if the worst happened. I'd never put them together myself, but then again my rabbit was killed by a dog so I'm overly cautious! :lol:

Both yours and JJ's are stunning rabbits/dogs :love:

This ^. I knew a girl at school who had some cats and a dog. After 2yrs the dog unfortunately then killed a cat, so they had it put down. It wasnt the dogs fault, they knew the risks and they left them unattended together. They should have faced the consequences of their own action and not punished the dog.

Vinney gizmo she was nine weeks old when I get her vinney loves her to bits
4262D541-09A7-4AB8-804E-6EF9705CAB0F_zpskgfmwudz.jpg

What a handsome pair of friends.

I have to agree with Jane though, common sense and responsibility should prevail. There have been a lot of instances of dogs and cats killing rabbits even when owners are present. I personally would not get a predator type animal whilst I have house rabbits and a small child but its nice to see inter species love.

As long as they are never ever left together unsupervised then Rabbits and dogs can get along. But as with all interspecies interaction, the human care givers are 100% responsible for the safety of the animals concerned. Leaving a dog and a Rabbit together unsupervised would be irresponsible.

These two look like they were made for each other :love: What were their names?

That's true I don't let her play wirh him when I am not there with them but they are all ways hug up when it's her playtime he comes to her and I would not let them play if I was not there

Wow love pic it's awesome ;)

Back