• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excellent news following my thread in Health about inappropriate OOH's care provided

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
Yesterday I received a email from a Clinical Director at the RCVS, following my formal complaint about the care or rather lack of it, from *name of vet removed*, which ultimately resulted in a much loved bunny passing away, and my inability to cope because of what happened.

I am pleased to be able to say that a full investigation has been initiated, and is to be led by the Head of Clinical Operations. As soon as it is completed the full findings will then be discussed.

I know that this will not bring bunny back, but it is just so incredibly hard knowing that this was a needless loss, because of a really bad vet and veterinary nurse, who just didn't care and couldn't be bothered, and is just constantly eating away at me.

I at least now hope to receive some justice for him, and to hopefully prevent others finding themselves in what can only be described as the most horrific and distressing of situations, with a desperately poorly bun, and then finding to your horror, that bun's lifeline, is in the hands of a vet who actually voiced that he was 'only a rabbit', and was quite happy to just pts, when he just needed IV fluids for FRS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I received a email from a Clinical Director at the RCVS, following my formal complaint about the care or rather lack of it, from *name of vet removed*, which ultimately resulted in a much loved bunny passing away, and my inability to cope because of what happened.

I am pleased to be able to say that a full investigation has been initiated, and is to be led by the Head of Clinical Operations. As soon as it is completed the full findings will then be discussed.

I know that this will not bring bunny back, but it is just so incredibly hard knowing that this was a needless loss, because of a really bad vet and veterinary nurse, who just didn't care and couldn't be bothered, and is just constantly eating away at me.

I at least now hope to receive some justice for him, and to hopefully prevent others finding themselves in what can only be described as the most horrific and distressing of situations, with a desperately poorly bun, and then finding to your horror, that bun's lifeline, is in the hands of a vet who actually voiced that he was 'only a rabbit', and was quite happy to just pts, when he just needed IV fluids for FRS.

Well done - I'm really pleased some action is being taken. I only wish I'd done the same after my terrible experience of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back