• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some more pics of Neo - hoping he's a good size/weight/seems happy?

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hi again :wave:

I do apologise for the threads I keep putting up but I really respect the opinions and help of RU members and being a first time Mum to my bun, I want to get everything right.

Here are some pics of Neo, I hope you enjoy them.
He is roughly 24 weeks (apparently) and I have tried the feeling of the bones etc, but it's hard as I know Lionheads are supposedly quite small buns.
Also, bit of a long shot but knowing if he's got any obvious cross traits in him would be good, I know he's not pure as his ears are huuuuge!

9ywl.jpg

"Thanks for the strokes Mum, I like this bit of cardboard".

va7f.jpg

"Do I see cucumber?!"

s0ts.jpg

"Nom".

zezb.jpg

"Any more Mum?"

:)

Thank you for all of the nice comments, everyone else has such cute bunnies that I wanted to share too!!! :D

I took a video earlier, we only just got the playpen delivered, 5 days after we got him (weekends suck in terms of deliveries :lol: ) and I think he seemed quite excited.

He was running around it in a circle and boinging in and out of the hutch, running round, in the hutch and out again!
"Mummy, look at me, look at me I'm RUNNING!!! Look how fast I am, look look look!" hehehe :D

He is beautiful :love: I thought he looked really bit int he top picture then I saw the following ones, he is teeny bless him.

He is so stunning. Would love to see pics of his finished set-up at some stage. I saw the pen in the housing section ;) x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

He is beautiful :love: I thought he looked really bit int he top picture then I saw the following ones, he is teeny bless him.

See, I have no idea size-wise how he's doing :lol: he's very light but still looks a bit... round? It'll be interesting to have him weighed!

He is so stunning. Would love to see pics of his finished set-up at some stage. I saw the pen in the housing section ;) x

Thank you very much :)
Here are 2 from earlier (still ongoing, this is literally stage one and he's only allowed in when we're in because we've not yet sorted out the 'roof').
cy4v.jpg

Still seems happy enough!
rlk0.jpg

I hate the lighting in the house though, makes him look black and white when he's grey and white :lol:
The house also looks so messy, we've still got the previous lady's stuff in there, being stored so we can't move anything, other than a small 'track' around the pen haha!

That's a lovely space for him. Do you think he will be able to jump out the top ? 90 cms is a good height but I guess some bunnies can jump anything if they put their minds to it. Lol:)

He is a dinky wee fella but I don't think he looks underweight. He will grow and get bigger and there is potential to get a fat tum there :lol:

He's gorgeous! Looks very healthy and happy to me :thumb:

Thank you, it means so much to hear that!

That's a lovely space for him. Do you think he will be able to jump out the top ? 90 cms is a good height but I guess some bunnies can jump anything if they put their minds to it. Lol:)

Possibly, but he's not even tried to climb up, he's more content with whizzing round and doing mad dashes through the tunnel bit :lol:
We're definitely going to put a 'roof' made from wire on the top, it'll still be moveable and will only be put on when we go out. We sit in with him a lot when we're in as right now we can't make the rest of the room bunny proof. If we could, he'd deffo be free range!

He is a dinky wee fella but I don't think he looks underweight. He will grow and get bigger and there is potential to get a fat tum there :lol:

Ahh, great thanks for the reassurance.
He's loving broccoli, carrots, cucumber and the odd bit of apple! if I keep being nice like that he'll end up a fatty!
Think he will have one item a day rather than small bits of all. Should be better in terms of variety and he'll not get fat (hopefully!)

We do 20g of nuggets a day and then unlimited hay.

Hoping this is about right, should be able to be a bit happier about this being the right amount when he's been weighed :)

He's lovely! Gorgeous black eyeliner! My bun is a lion head cross, about the same age, and she's a dinky little thing too. I do worry that she's not big enough! and Although she's doubled in size since I got her, she's still mini. She's in the same kind of run as yours, but mine is only 60ish cm high. I think she could clear it if she put her mind to it, but there's plenty for her to do in it so he hasn't tried yet!

He's lovely! Gorgeous black eyeliner! My bun is a lion head cross, about the same age, and she's a dinky little thing too. I do worry that she's not big enough! and Although she's doubled in size since I got her, she's still mini. She's in the same kind of run as yours, but mine is only 60ish cm high. I think she could clear it if she put her mind to it, but there's plenty for her to do in it so he hasn't tried yet!

Aww thank you, but he's grey not black! A combination of not great light and my phone camera makes for darker pics :(
It's good to know he's not underweight/a weird size. I think it's hard to gauge how big they are supposed to be when you don't really know their background.
I have no idea what he could be crossed with!

Ah I see, mine is 91cm, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't unless really stressed out, he's only 15cm tall when sitting but I do know they're surprising jumpers when it comes to it!
We're making a roof by cable tying some rolls of wire mesh together which means it's in one piece and easy to take on and off when we need to.
The downside to my playpen is that the door in it is more like a window, so we're going to have to cut some of the wire out for it to be an easy step-in, otherwise I'm struggling with the caribiners every time!

He's gorgeous! Anyone who knows me, knows a I have a serious soft spot for black & white bunnies like this as they remind me so much of my soul bunny, Dexter :love::love::love:

He looks fine to me :thumb: I think he still has some growing to do though looking at the size of those ears! They're huge! Especially compared to his dinky body :love:

I have two mini lion lops - mini lops crossed with lionheads & they're tiny. Just over 1kg. So I wouldn't worry about him, he looks happy enough :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is lovely - looks a bit like my Cheyenne (although she is black and white).:love:

The thing is with lion head crosses - you never really know what you are going to end up with - and that to me is half the fun. Bobo was a wee little lad when we got him - he now weighs in at 3.8kgs. Cheyenne - also a cross - I think is going to be quite a bit smaller but who knows - she is only about 7 months. I love not knowing how the they are going to turn out :thumb:

I love your set up too - lovely space for the wee boy :thumb:

Back