• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alice Lost in the Land of Rabbits

Jemmy

New Kit
Run! Woman Chased by 'Stampeding Herd' of Rabbits in Japan
Stampeding rabbits chase after woman
Rabbits On Okunoshima Island Swarm Tourist
Rabbit Island in Japan
Run! Woman Chased by 'Stampeding Herd' of Rabbits in Japan
Stampeding rabbits chase after woman
Rabbits On Okunoshima Island Swarm Tourist
Rabbit Island in Japan

Things got very hare-y for this tourist when she visited a tiny island off Japan that's been overrun with rabbits.

After offering them some food, she was chased down a road by a stampede of wild bunnies in this adorable video posted on Reddit.

Click Here Rabbit Funny :
:wave:

Known as Rabbit Island, Okunoshima was used as the secret base for the Japanese Imperial Army's lethal gas operation during World War Two.

From 1929 to 1945, more than 6,000 tons of poison gas were manufactured on the remote island, and the program was shrouded in secrecy.

For 16 years, Okunoshima was left off maps, and workers who produced the five types of poison gas - which were mostly used in warfare in China - were told to keep the factories a secret.

But somewhere along the line rabbits were introduced and - as rabbits tend to do - they bred fast.

Some sources claim they were brought to the island to test the effects of the poison and released by workers when the war ended.

Others sources say that a group of schoolchildren on a field trip released eight of the animals in 1971.

Now tourists flock to the 2.5 mile wide Inland Sea island off the coast of Takehara to feed and pet the hundreds of bunnies that call it home.
And it's easy to see why.

I've seen about 10 videos on this subject, all of them endearing and amazing. But does it not strike anyone else as odd that these buns seem to be so docile with one another? I would think for sure there'd be some fights breaking out over the food, no matter how many tourists are there to hand it out. :?

*sigh* Wish I could take them all home with me. :( They appear incredibly healthy for just crossbred wildies.

Back