• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can 2 male bunnies neutered live together?

Yes of course, as long as you take the time to bond them properly on neutral territory :wave: two boys are often better than two girls :D

I have two boys, one older than the other. They are sooooo loved up and very happy together :wave:

if a young buck is already bonded to an older buck not yet neutered as only 13weeks ...older buck neutered. .. younger one getting neutered. ..is it a risk that at some point they will fight? even a year down the line?

if a young buck is already bonded to an older buck not yet neutered as only 13weeks ...older buck neutered. .. younger one getting neutered. ..is it a risk that at some point they will fight? even a year down the line?

Once the young one has been neutered and his hormones have settled down, there is no reason why they would fight any more than a boy girl pair :wave: it is unneutered bucks that would have a problem with each other.

I have read they can turn on each other even after time.. thst its more risky that male - female

That could happen for any bonded buns I think, there is always a chance they may fall out at some point regardless of the sex you put together. My two fell out when the babies hormones kicked in, they had a fight. There was fur everywhere from my poor older neutered bun. Once the baby was neutered and had enough time for the hormones to die down they were re bonded :wave:

I have loads of males living together - in pairs and groups, some with females added n, some not. TBH its all down to the character of the bun - though personally i do find females harder than males to bond.

I have loads of males living together - in pairs and groups, some with females added n, some not. TBH its all down to the character of the bun - though personally i do find females harder than males to bond.

Totally agree with this.

bisc and matt were very happy together. they grew up together from babies though and were brothers so i don't know if this helped. probably did. :wave:

I have had two pairs of bonded boys - Slipper and Choo, 2 little lionhead boys also Merlin and Bingo who I introduced as adults after their girlies died. Both pairs have been brill, I find girls more difficult. All neutered btw xx

I have two pairs of bonded boys. Nori and Merri were bonded in their old age so they had mellow (well Nori has always been mellow) and they have both been neutered for years. I think their old age plays a big part in the success of their bonding. Willow and Clover, my other pair are brothers which is again a bonus and they are both laid back too as well as neutered. Its definitely possible but boys can be every bit as vicious as girls. As others have said I think character and temperament make the biggest difference as well as neutering.

Ive got 2 males, 1 female in a trio.
Ozzie is about 4 years old and Stanley is about 10 months. They are ridiculously happy with each other, they play and leap and binky while Twinkle rolls her eyes at them

My two boys were introduced at 7 years old and they've been inseparable ever since, I've never heard of a m/m bond breaking up down the line just because they're boys, it really can happen with any bonded pair/group.

I have read they can turn on each other even after time.. thst its more risky that male - female

I thought it was that m/m and f/f were harder to bond in the first place than m/f. And as long as all buns are neutered i thought bond break down was just as unlikely in any pairing whether m/m, f/f or m/f?

I've just accidentally bonded a quad - all boys! One pair of brothers & two singles. They did themselves really, I'm still in shock after reading the bonding threads on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh how cuuuute x

M/f is the usual recommended pairing. M/m is the next easiest and f/f can be more difficult. However there are many successes in all of those pairings. So much depends on the rabbits themselves.

I have a quad made up of two sisters (whose bond is still really good) and two brothers (who fell out for a bit, cos I put them together too soon after neutering and they were still hormonal). The boys are really happy again now.

Last edited:
I've got 2 boys (brothers) who have been together since birth, they are very close, very affectionate towards each other, I've bonded them into a quad with my other pair who are 2 girls (sisters) they are all neutered and spayed of course

Back