• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrible vet visit

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just been to take bunnies for their vaccines. Strawbs doesn't particularly like it but is usually fine, Mr B usually goes into panic mode and tried to leg it as soon as the carrier is open.

Strawbs started stamping his feet in the waiting room and was not very impressed. I put his carrier onto the table and got him out. The minute the vet touched him to try and check his teeth he went mental. He was kicking and fighting and then scampered up me. Then he screamed really loudly and it was horrible. We put him back in the carrier to calm down while we did Mr B.

When we got him back out the carrier there was blood everywhere! Turns out the silly bunny has ripped out his back nail in the struggle! So as well as the vaccine he ended up with a shot of Metacam and another of Baytril!

He felt sorry for himself for 10 mins but is now sat on his shelf in the window begging for more treats so seems to have got over it rather quickly!

The scream was horrendous though, never want to hear him do that again.

:cry: sorry to hear this, but at least he's his normal self now. Fingers crossed he's forgotten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sound of a Rabbit scream is horrendous :cry: I hope that he is over the trauma now xx

It was awful. The vet felt terrible as he had never heard a rabbit scream before. I have told him how daft he was, ended up with 3 jabs instead of the 1!

He seems fine now but I was terrified at the vets, I thought he would have a heart attack he got so stressed.

I hope you both get a chance to relax tonight and get over the stress.

Rabbit screams are awful. I heard my first scream when I was a teenager, and still remember it 30 years later.

Luckily I can poke the syringe with bayrtil in through the bars of his run and he laps it up so we don't have to fight with him again tomorrow!

The vet told me to bathe his foot in some warm salty water but I haven't as I wanted him to calm down and relax a bit first. Might try tonight when he has had a few hours peace.

Awww poor little Strawberry. He is such a sweet looking rabbit (looks by Peaches).

Glad he has been begging for treats!

Aww poor little soul! I have only heard a bunny scream once and felt so sick for hours afterwards! Glad he's feeling better. If yours are anything like Betty and Walt, they forget pretty quick with treats in their tummies :D

Poor Strawbs!
I have never heard a rabbit scream, I do wonder what it sounds like butI fear finding out may haunt me for the rest of my lige si I hope to never hear it!

Its a horrid sound to hear, angel screamed once when parsley attacked her and she lost her dew claw.
:(
felt so bad, glad he seems allright now and hope he is a good patient!

I'm taking my two to the vets today and I'm dreading it :( I've only had them for a month so I've not been with them before so I don't know what they'll be like. They have been spayed and had their injections before. They need their claws cut which I've not done yet but also I noticed that Millie has had a little nibble out of her ear and although it looks fine and hasn't bothered her I wanted to get it checked out - I don't know how it happened :?

I wonder why some buns are terrified and others aren't ....

I have never had a bun who is really scared of traveling or going to the vet

Yuri use to dislike traveling and be grumpy but would only ever thump and grunt then settle down and give me the I'm not happy eyes

Now she's fine and just chills out in the carrier eating what ever treat I have for them yuki never cared nor did jake scamps was uneasy at first but now he just flops out like totally calm and relaxed I thought he was dead once!!! After gently shaking him he sleepily popped his head up and was like " whaaaaat I was asleep!"

Sorry you Bun had such a stressful time :( but at least he is back to normal :)

Back