• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good nail clippers?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
My two really need their nails doing but last time I tried it with the clippers I have, Charlie ripped a nail out. I'm now terrified of using them again :oops:

Charlie has quite thick nails for a rabbit so they need to be good with that, I think the ones I have atm are for small dogs but they must be getting blunt.

I could take them to the vet, but one vet is quite far away and it seems mean to stress them just to do their nails, and the other vet would charge at least £30 for it, which I would pay if I had to but I'd rather try new clippers first and hopefully save most of that money!

So recommendations please?

I have no idea what mine are, but out vets ordered them in for us and they're amazing! £17 and worth every penny :lol: They kind of look like those purple ones I think you can get in argos.

*totally unhelpful* :lol:

Don't bother with the P@H ones, they're pathetic :roll:

I did have a really nice pair that lasted ages from wilko's, but I don't think they do them anymore :(

Just realised this is a really unhelpful response :lol: :roll: I would def try the vets.. Sorrell has thick claws and the ones I got from there go straight through. don't know the brand though

Back