• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

back from her spay...help after check up :)

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
Poppy is back home after her spay this morning. I was told the operation went well and fully to plan. she's currently flopped out looking a little sorry for herself surrounded by her favourite foods in the hope something will tempt her.

Please can she have some vibes for a speedy recovery? thank you

Last edited:
Sending good vibes to poppy :) I remember when I had my Rudie neutered he just laid there - drank a little ate a little and just looked very sorry for himself :) I hope she is doing ok x

Sending vibes to Poppy :love:

and can I ask for some back for Fidet and Fudge who are also just home from their spay this morning and looking sorry for themselves. :cry:

she just given herself a nice little groom and is sniffing food but hasn't eaten any yet! I'm certainly in for a sleepless night!....I didn't really sleep last night worrying about today and I am now really worried about her!

thank you for all the kind thoughts :)

she just given herself a nice little groom and is sniffing food but hasn't eaten any yet! I'm certainly in for a sleepless night!....I didn't really sleep last night worrying about today and I am now really worried about her!

thank you for all the kind thoughts :)

How are you getting on? Has she eaten anything yet? Keeping you and Poppy in my thoughts and sending even more get well vibes, never realised how stressful this would be :love:

Hi katp, i'm fairly sure shes had no food yet (iv been keeping a close eye on amounts etc) however we have just had some poos, so I'm hoping that might be a sign things are going to get moving soon (fingers crossed!).

Just decided I'm going to go to bed and set some alarms for night time checks!

How are your two getting on? Hope they're starting to feel better xx

Hope Poppy feels brighter as the night goes on. I'm keeping up vibes for her and also katp's buns. I was beside myself when I had Spenser neutered although it's not such an invasive op for boys.

I am really worried about her....keep crying! I've got my alarm set for 1 am....I'm hoping if I leave her be for a bit she might decide to have a munch, she did her poos when the lights in her room were off and I wasn't there so fingers crossed

Pooing is great. Snowflake hardly ate a thing until the next day. He was all lethargic, and its easier for boys (he is a wuss though).

Hope you manage to get some sleep and that Poppy is doing well.

She also pooed in her litter tray, now I know she is litter trained and therefore clean etc, but it means she made the effort to move herself from her memory fome (oh thinks I'm mad) bed to her litter tray to poo....which I think must also be a good sign?!?!

She's started eating :) not much it has to be said but she did it with a 'oh I'll eat this apple if you just leave me alone after' face!

scotlass do you think she is? I've never done this before and im just so worried about her!

the vets said to ring this morning if she hadn't eaten or pooed, she has done both. I'm fairly happy with her poos to be honest but shes not eating much or with any gusto! do you think I should ring them just to see what they think or is she being fairly normal?

thank you

spoke to Poppy's vet at 9am to see what she thought. She seemed quite happy with the fact Pop's tummy is clearly moving and that she is completely happy grooming herself and moving around. She did though share my concern that she hasn't eaten that much. I've been told to keep a close eye on her and if she hasn't started to eat more by after dinner I have to ring again! Fingers crossed

Back