• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*african pygmy hedgehog owners* would love to see pics of your cuties...

shell1805

Mama Doe
since having Luna I am 100% in love with Hoggies :D

was wondering who on here owned one :)

xxx

Last edited:
Here is my baby :) He's called Herbie and is just over a year old :D Luna and him are really similar looking!

I'd love one but I've read so much information and I still don't know enough!
Are they easy to care for?
And are there any rescues for them, I'd only want to adopt?

Awww she's lovely :love: tell me all about them please, something else to nag my OH to let me have :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoggies are relatively easy to care for as long as you get the set up correct from the get go. otherwise you will end up adding this and that, and it can work out expensive.
The main thing is housing needs to be adequate and warm.
Their diet consists of cat biscuits, fresh meat, live meal worms > the list goes on and there are always do's and dont's.
Hoggies are not for people who want an easy going pet. many are huffy and will hiss/pop/spike up. Almost all hoggies come home and act this way until you earn their trust, which can take weeks and sometimes months.
I was incredibly lucky with luna, she was a huffy little thing but after about 3 weeks she would unball and walk about. since then our bond has grown and grown. I put the time in and wouldn't let her little attitude put me off lol ;)

if all the above seems worth it to you, then research research research.... that's what I did. took me 4 years to take the plunge and my gorgeous hoggie was worth the wait :love: xxx

Aww, they're both very cute! We've just got a couple of these at college although I am yet to be able to interact/see them yet, being doing all my work in the reptile room atm.

Back