• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving rabbit outside.

Oonagh

Warren Scout
I have one bunny, Flora who has always been a outdoor bunny. She lost her husbun in August and although everyone says rabbits need company, I am not in a position to take on a new bun. Due to illness she had to move inside around the start on December. I wanted to know if people thought it was still too cold to move her back outside. My parents want her to move out as they dont want her to stay as an indoor rabbit. However, i dont want her to get cold outside, especially as she is now on her own and cant cuddle up with anyone. Any advice please? She is currently in a pen in my room, which is just under around 6ftX4ft, although she does free range when supervised.

Too cold to put her out now. I read on here that the temp needs to be the same inside and out before its ok for them. If it was me I would wait for warm spring days (cant wait). Good luck. :wave:

Okay, thank you. I didnt really want her to go out yet, but my parents wanted her to, but i am sure they wont mind too much if she would be at risk being outside in the cold :)

Back