• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People making rabbit hutches....

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Just sent an inbox on facebook to a man who makes hutches. There was a really small one, 4 stacked is just awful! Just got abuse back which is really off as I was really polite :evil:

Here is the conversation

Hello, Hope you don't mind me messaging you but please would you look at this link

http://www.therabbithouse.com/guide_size.asp

Your hutches look really well made but please give a thought to the animals you build them for as there are people who will put a rabbit in a hutch and will sit in it for its whole life. If its too small it will be a sorry life for the bunny, hope you will consider what I have said. It would really help the quality of life for the rabbits that you make your hutches for if you pointed out that the minimum requirement is the smallest you will make xx

response

I take every precaution 2 make sure the animal av enought room but do me a fav get on 2 the breeders not me so **** off u sad little intaferin **** am sick of pigs like u botha me again & ill go 2 police

me

excuse me, I was being polite. Just because people buy them doesn't mean you don't have a responsibility to the animals your making them for. Thats up to you, I was pointing it out on the pretence that you didn't know how much room they needed. Clearly this has been pointed out to you before so if you want to provide housing for animals that is cruel that's something you just have to live with

him

I can live with anythin belive me go and botha sum1 else like a zon people who sell fish tanks u paracite dont botha me again or police will b involved

me

Sure the police wouldn't be bothered as it was only you that was being insulting

What a lovely man!

:shock:

:evil::evil::evil:

Some people... :roll:

Well handled by you may I add... :thumb:

What an awful person!!! If the welfare act was actually in place I'm pretty sure his inadequate hutches would be illegal and the police would rightly be on his back, especially for this behaviour!! You haven't even committed a tiny bit of a crime... His bad grammar and spelling makes me pity him too...! Clearly being defensive as he knows he's being a complete :censored: !!!

Also he can see his business isn't as good as the other one...

I hate people like him!

You know which im talking about on a fb group then adoptafosteredbunny?

Yes we can but try, its hard not to be insulting back but that just makes me a better person! :evil:

This reply is from the man who makes the Rabbit Hutches?!!!!

Well in my opinion I wouldn't ever give him my business or recommend him to anyone else. He has 'shot himself in the foot' so to speak.

My OH makes totally bespoke rabbit and guinea pig hutches, at the moment he has a waiting list of about 6 weeks, but if you are interested please feel free to pm me. All big, safe, secure, 10 year guarantee... and all have been given the greatest thought to the welfare of the occupants. PM me if he could help. x

This reply is from the man who makes the Rabbit Hutches?!!!!

Well in my opinion I wouldn't ever give him my business or recommend him to anyone else. He has 'shot himself in the foot' so to speak.

My OH makes totally bespoke rabbit and guinea pig hutches, at the moment he has a waiting list of about 6 weeks, but if you are interested please feel free to pm me. All big, safe, secure, 10 year guarantee... and all have been given the greatest thought to the welfare of the occupants. PM me if he could help. x

Thank you but I was just being a busybody! Saw his advert for them and didn't like the look of them on a facebook rabbit group but think you should post your hutches on that group and show them what they should look like :D

Thank you but I was just being a busybody! Saw his advert for them and didn't like the look of them on a facebook rabbit group but think you should post your hutches on that group and show them what they should look like :D

Thanks for the idea.:thumb: Best check with OH as no pre-packed, flat packed hutches made by him. All handmade from start to finish...all fantastic....all of my hutches have been made by him over the past 12 years...all still solid and strong. But they do cost more money...but if a hutch cost you £300.00 and has a 10 year guarantee on it..................£30.00 per year.....

Some shop bought hutches....£240.00 lasting 4 years = £60.00 per year!!!! Then after 4 years you will no doubt to buy a new hutch.

Thanks for the idea.:thumb: Best check with OH as no pre-packed, flat packed hutches made by him. All handmade from start to finish...all fantastic....all of my hutches have been made by him over the past 12 years...all still solid and strong. But they do cost more money...but if a hutch cost you £300.00 and has a 10 year guarantee on it..................£30.00 per year.....

Some shop bought hutches....£240.00 lasting 4 years = £60.00 per year!!!! Then after 4 years you will no doubt to buy a new hutch.

They sound fantastic, you should put this information in your advert if you don't already!

Back