• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you give to a rescue, when adopting a bunny?

Confused_bun

Warren Scout
As some of you may know, one of our bunnies passed away a couple of weeks a go, leaving his partner lonely and depressed.

We visited a rescue a week later (sunday), because we'd said how depressed our other little bunny was, they homechecked us (monday). They had her in for bonding with new bun wednesday. Bonding is going well now and hopefully we can collect them Tuesday/wednesday this week.

The adoption fee is only £45.00. I feel like this is so little for what they have actually done. I mean not only have they neutered, vaccinated and microchipped the new bun (which in itself is a lot), they have organised a homecheck really really quickly and got my bun in for bonding really quickly because she was so depressed without her partner. Then they've took the time to bond her over a period of around a week and they have provided all her food (pellets and hay) during that time too - i did ask if i should take pellets and hay with me when i took her for bonding and they said no it was fine (shes on excel and thats what they use).

So i definately feel like i should give more than just £45. What would you give? Extra money? Bags of food? Towels and fleeces (there are signs saying they always needs more towels, fleeces and blankets)?

Last edited:
I always take some bunny essentials such as food stuffs and I also try to give at least what it would cost for a spay.

Old towels and newspapers are always useful.

I never ask for anything for bonding, but it's lovely when someone offers a little extra :love: That's very kind of you x

A little something for the rescuer as well is nice. Some choccies or a bottle of wine :)

This and perhaps a supermarket voucher which will buy help buy some fruit, veggies, herbs, cleaning items...in fact any help is appreciated by rescues/ sanctuaries.

Well done you.:thumb:

Back