• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whoops!

laurajayne

New Kit
So, it's been just over two weeks since we lost Wilma, xandys beloved wife to a huge abscess. We've been spoiling him rotten with toys, a new tent and all sorts!

He seems ok, he's been free ranging in our living room whenever we are at home, with the occasional binky....no flops or anything though. So today me and my husband decide to pop to our local rspca, to just have a look at lady buns......and we've reserves a lovely older lady called apple....that wasn't exactly the plan!

We were surprised though, as they were happy for us to take her there and then....I have been home visited, but it was 5 years ago, and we've moved since. We showed her pictures of our set up, which had Wilma flopped out in front, but that's all we needed!

Apples coming home next weekend....just need to sort out accommodation for her now!

Looking forward to seeing photos! Some rescues will let you take a pet there and then - they all have different criteria. Personally, unless the rescue knows you, I'd prefer it if they made you wait (as hard as that us), because I believe it stops someone obtaining a pet on a whim and with little thought.

However, they're clearly happy with you and your setup, which is great for your existing bunny :D. Hope she settles in well when you get her next week.

Oooo how exciting. Hope Apple settles in well and that they get along together when bonding time arrives.

Looking forward to seeing photos! Some rescues will let you take a pet there and then - they all have different criteria. Personally, unless the rescue knows you, I'd prefer it if they made you wait (as hard as that us), because I believe it stops someone obtaining a pet on a whim and with little thought.

However, they're clearly happy with you and your setup, which is great for your existing bunny :D. Hope she settles in well when you get her next week.

Absolutely.... I completely agree! We were shocked, as I knew how long it took before they ok'd us with Wilma, so we thought we'd go and see who was available, and maybe start the process.

Xander doesn't seem as lonely as he did before we bought Wilma home, but he has stopped eating a few times, and moped under tables, so I think he'd prefer a lady friend. He doted on Wilma, so I think he misses the company.

She's an older lady, which is perfect for us, as Xander is 5 himself. Quite quiet, but seems to like human company too. I hope they'll be happy together :)
7ety5ahy.jpg

Back