• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incisor removal

k1984

Mama Doe
Hi
Has anyone had their rabbit's teeth out? How much did you pay? Was the recovery fairly easy afterwards? Would you recommend?

Dolly has to go every month now to have her teeth burred and it's something that I'm seriously considering.

Many thanks

Emma had her incisors removed and never looked back since. Recovery was very quick and she can eat everything I give them although I cut her greens up into small pieces. But hay she eats as a normal bunny do.

Nibbles had his removed in August, I was nervous but he came through it really well. We paid about £100.One of the teeth snapped and has grown back but he's wearing it down himself so vet thinks it would be best to leave it for now and only remove if it starts to become a problem :D

We have had this done with three rabbits in the past (we adopt difficult to home buns so have a higher than average rate of this sort of thing).

In al cases the buns were SO much better off without the bothersome teeth - in each case of course after assessment by a vet that the op. would be the best thing.

In a small nethie (Thistle) it cured her sniffles and eye issues almost instantly- as the teeth had been dragging her health down, oter are also much better for it.

Cost? no idea - get the best vet you can is my recommendation - regardless of cost. Its is important all the tooth is out otherwise it will simply regrow.

Back