• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has anyones bunnys fell in love at first sight??

Yep, my Poppy and Thor. I worked at the rescue Poppy was at at the time. So while the bond took place at the rescue it was me that did the initial meet ect. I popped them in a pen together. Poppy sniffed Thor, humped him twice, fell off and that was that bonded :lol:

I brought them home 3 days later and pretty much put them straight out into their full space as they were perfect together. Not had a single problem with them since :lol:

:love::love::love::love:

It is rare though, as I say I used to bond as part of my role at a rescue, some were easier than others but it is very very rare to have buns fall in love at first sight!

Yes willow and biscuit.
as soon as biscuit was popped on the bathroom floor with willow she started grooming him and he flopped out.
easiest bond ever, no fur pulling chasing humping.
just bliss and now theyre inseperable.
currently snuggled together snoozing. :love:

Mine were quick, don't know if it counts as love at first sight though....

I took Harvey to Lilly's previous house (she was a "free to a good home" gumtree bunny). Put them in a neutral space together. Harvey completely 100% blanked Lilly, she followed behind sniffing him. He was so unthreatened that he was washing and then laid down with her next to him :lol: so it was decided Lilly would come home with me (had to wait a week or two whilst I ordered a spare hutch).

I did bonding myself in the bathroom, using the dating method, the first two days there was a lot of humping from Harvey to Lilly, but they also were happily flopping together and snuggling, there was grooming from Lilly to Harvey too. By the third no humping and Harvey had started to groom Lilly back :D so I left them together from then onwards :D I also swapped their hutches every day too!

I think that that was pretty close to love at first sight! Well I count it in my mind because there was no aggression and I think Harvey showed he loved her from first sight by having no reaction whatsoever at first meeting :love:

First meeting at Lilly's old house:

Second bathroom date at my house:

(She's actually cuddling him with her front paw in that last one!)

Yep, Mylo and Barnaby were pretty much instant - Bit of humping in the first few minutes and one chase that night and they were inseparable from then on :love::love:

By the look of it, she quite likes Jasper at the moment (put together yesterday) - If there was anything negative I'm sure we would've been informed!

With Iggy and Betty, bonding took a total of about an hour including the half hour of Betty being a bit worried and hiding and Iggy totally ignoring her. Iggy followed her and humped her a couple of times, got fed up and they sat down together. That was it!

That was the fasted i have ever had bunnies bond. Betty and Walter took about a fortnight to bond and settle, but Iggy was a great deal older and Walter is little more than a baby (hes about one now). I had wanted an older bunny for Iggy but I couldnt find one suitable, then tried Betty and he decided he liked her the best. :love:

Iggy and Perdy took a good week or so if i remember (it was about 10 years ago now).

Yes my Harry and Milly.They were in enclosures next to each other and Milly was trying to pass him some fur from her dewlap as she had a phantom pregnancy when I first had her!(she was found locally as a stray and when we tried hard but couldn't find her original home,i had her)She was spayed as soon as possible and put in a neutral enclosure with Harry and they just snuggled together.It took Harry alittle time to "fall in love" and was sometimes abit aloof but she was besotted and when Harry was ill last year he realised just how much he needed her!:love:Milly just worships the ground he hop on!

Back