• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed insulation

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Hey guys can someone give instructions / advice on shed insulation and what's the best , safest ect?

I need help lol

(Can't change the topic title on tapa talk can a mod change it to shed please as my stupid phone changed it to she's )

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of roof does the shed have?
Will it have a joist roof is more what i am after knowing.

You would use plywood or plasterboard on the inside, if they chew then plywood would be a safer option.
But what i would do is use a timber blocks which you screw to the shed frame on the inside and then screw the plywood/plasterboard to that. The reason for that is with vents it would allow the air to flow around and between the framing to stop damp forming between the insulation and the plywood.

Basically it allows the inside of the frame to breathe.

Last edited:
We insulated our playhouse with the foil type of insulation and then boarded over with plywood.

Bunnery%25204.JPG

Bunnery%25208.JPG

What type of roof does the shed have?
Will it have a joist roof is more what i am after knowing.

You would use plywood or plasterboard on the inside, if they chew then plywood would be a safer option.
But what i would do is use a timber blocks which you screw to the shed frame on the inside and then screw the plywood/plasterboard to that. The reason for that is with vents it would allow the air to flow around and between the framing to stop damp forming between the insulation and the plywood.

Basically it allows the inside of the frame to breathe.
im confused........ lol

timber blocks are thick how would it allow air to flow

im confused........ lol

timber blocks are thick how would it allow air to flow
Lol

You get the blocks and place them around the framing. Say spaced 300mm apart. When you screw plywood to it you would get the space of the framing timber plus the block space. With the vents it would allow air to blow around.

Blocks are spacers so the plywood isn't attached directly to the frame.

Does that help? If not I'll take photo on the kennel I'm making now with the same blocks on.

Lol

You get the blocks and place them around the framing. Say spaced 30mm apart. When you screw plywood to it you would get the space of the framing timber plus the block space. With the vents it would allow air to blow around.

Blocks are spacers so the plywood isn't attached directly to the frame.

Does that help? If not I'll take photo on the kennel I'm making now with the same blocks on.

i think i get it but photos would be great if you can thank you very much!

Back