• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mr johnsons advanced rabbit food

I don't use me Johnson's products as they have upset my buns Timmy's in the past

How are yours getting on with it?

They seem to be fine and they love it, they've been on it for about a month now. It just occurred to me that most people use SS or Excel so I started to have a mini panic in case there was a reason nobody else uses it!

I have never heard of it. SS and excel are popular because of their high fibre content. Mabe check out the difference. If you do change over remember to do it gradually to help avoid stomach problems. Over a few weeks.

I think most people use excel, ss and fibafirst because they have a good overall nutritional content and balance.

Heres a link to a very good website that tells you what to look for in nutritional content and has chart showing most of the different rabbit foods available and how they score nutritionally (even if the food youve got isnt listed it will explain how to compare it with others and what you need to look for) - http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp

I've had Pablo on it since I brought him home around 2-3 weeks ago and he's fine on it he also has a unlimited supply of meadow hay, grass, a few dandelions, carrot and as a treat a few celery leaves :oops: he's a active bunny who is free range indoor n outdoor (except when we're in bed or out) n he eats n drinks well and his poops are brilliant :shock: he dosnt eat as much hay as I'd like so maybe making a few alterations. Here is info I got from mr Johnson's website.

Johnson's ADVANCE RABBIT FOOD is a fibrous, nutritious, wholesome tasty mono-component nugget - supplying your rabbit with a tasty, healthy food that overcomes selective feeding.
Feeding the correct diet to your rabbit is essential for maintaining good health. Rabbits require high fibre levels in their diet to assist normal digestive function and aid essential dental wear.
Contains essential fibre to aid intestinal transit and dental wear
Bio-Mos - a natural pre-biotic for a healthy gut flora
De-odorase with yucca extract which improves hutch odours by reducing urinal ammonia
Verm-X - 100% herbal blend to promote intestinal health
No added colourings, flavourings or preservatives
Glucosamine for joint mobility
Mono-component nugget prevents selective feeding
Mr Johnson’s Advance RABBIT FOOD is a complementary feed and should be fed with unlimited access to good quality hay which is an important source of fibre and an essential part of your rabbit’s diet.
A small quantity of fresh greens should also be fed daily and fresh clean water must always be available.
Overcoming selective feeding:
Mr Johnson's Advance RABBIT FOOD contains a balanced diet in every mouthful therefore overcoming selective feeding.
Rabbits, if overfed, can become overweight therefore rabbits should be fed twice a day, dividing their daily requirements into two meals, feeding morning and evening only refilling the bowl once empty.
Changing your rabbits diet:
Your rabbit’s diet should never be altered suddenly as abrupt changes could trigger digestive upsets, especially in baby rabbits or rabbits that are stressed (for example if they have moved to a new home). If you want to alter your rabbit’s diet, it is recommended that this change takes place gradually over a 7-10 day period. This can be done by mixing small quantities of the new food with their existing food and increasing the proportions until it is fully changed over.
Feeding Guide:
This feeding advice is a guide only.
Mr Johnson’s ADVANCED RABBIT feeding guide:
Size rabbit grams/day
Young/growing 75 - 80g/day
Adult maintenance 75g /day
Lactating rabbits 80 - 90g/day
Mr Johnson’s ADVANCED RABBIT FOOD is a complementary feed for rabbits and should be fed with unlimited access to good quality hay, an important source of fibre and an essential part of your rabbit’s diet. A small quantity of fresh greens should also be fed daily and access to fresh water at all times is essential.

Composition:
Wheatfeed, oatfeed, alfalfa, wheat, lignocellulose, sunflower seed meal, dried carrot, Verm x herb blend, Bio-moss, Glucosamine, De-odorase.
Nutritional Additives:
Vitamin A (E672) 10,000iu/kg; Vitamin D (E671) 1,000iu/kg; Vitamin E 50iu/kg; Iron (E1) 161mg/kg; Manganese (E5) 89mg/kg; Zinc oxide (E6) 69mg/kg; Copper (E4) 12.5mg/kg; Iodine (E2) 0.8mg/kg; Selenium (E8) 0.44mg/kg
Analytical Constituents:
Crude protein 12.00%; Crude fibre 17.00%; Crude oils & fats 3.00%; Crude ash 5.00%; Calcium 0.60%; Lysine 0.42%; Phosphorous 0.32%; Sodium 0.20%; Methionine 0.17%
Summary:
Available in 1.5kg & 10kg bags
Tasty, crunchy nuggets that is balanced and nutritious
Contains essential fibre to aid intestinal transit and dental wear
Natural pre-biotic for good gut flora
Yucca extract which improves hutch odours by reducing urinal ammonia
Verm-X -special herbal blend to promote intestinal health
No added colourings, flavourings or preservatives
Glucosamine for joint mobility
Mono-component nugget prevents selective feeding
More rabbit foods from Mr Johnson's
Mr Johnson's Supreme Junior & Dwarf rabbit mix
Mr Johnson's Supreme Rabbit Mix
Mr Johnson's Supreme tropical fruit rabbit mix
Mr Johnson's Special Rabbit Mix - no added pellets

I've had a look and it could be better in some aspects. I guess it depends on the rabbit really, my two mainly eat grass, hay and fresh veg so this really is just a supplementary food for them. How is Pablo getting along with it? :wave:

Back