• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you, and what to do for Hollie.

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
Thank you all for being so kind with your comments after losing Herbie yesterday. I don't post here very often but I was very touched by all of you who took the time to post. Thank you so much.

Little Hollie, bless her, so far doesn't seem to be missing Herbie :( :( :( But she can't live on her own forever, she is a protective little soul who needs the company of another rabbit. However she is almost seven years old and I really don't want to be taking on another rabbit for her, particularly a much younger one. I can't bear to think about losing more rabbits but long term Chris and I would for a number of reasons be less stressed with less rabbits.

So the question is do I try and bond Hollie with BJ and Hollie's sister Rosie or with Gabriel and Spring.

Rosie is a stroppy moo and the reason we found her a partner in BJ is that she refused to share Herbie with Hollie. I don't imagine for a minute that Rosie will remember this but given her recent assertiveness now she has discovered life off the decking, her efforts in winding Gabriel and Herbie up when she could, I have qualms about introducing Hollie to her.

As far as Gabe and Spring go, Gabe was a handful to bond, he is very very humpy. Also I wouldn't say Gabe and Spring's bond is rock solid and I would hate to disrupt/spoil it by trying to bond Hollie with them.

I now have a week of work so this would seem to be an ideal time to try bonding, I hope this isn't too soon for Hollie. My next oportunity would be 7 weeks away at Easter when spring fever could maybe add further complications.

I am torn what to do - I feel BJ and Rosie may be the better bet but am very nervous about it :( :( :(

Firstly sorry for you loss xxx

*hug*

If you don't want to mess with the bonds all ready made with the other buns you could get a rescue bun of the same age?

If your only options are bond with the others I would go with your gut

Who do you feel would get on with the bun the most? Who do you feel would make her happy and them happy by having her?

Last edited:
Back