• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit grunting?

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
I took in a new bun today, his name is eddie, hes neuted an jabbed and is about 3yrs old, hes very fat tho and apparently wont eat hay but has a big bowl of musli each day and carrots. Obviously im gonna sort out his diet gradually and encourage more excersise, he will be visiting the vet monday for a health check BUT when he moves he grunts, hes very nervous so wonder if thats why or if its cause hes overweight , can anyone think of another reason for this?

I took in a new bun today, his name is eddie, hes neuted an jabbed and is about 3yrs old, hes very fat tho and apparently wont eat hay but has a big bowl of musli each day and carrots. Obviously im gonna sort out his diet gradually and encourage more excersise, he will be visiting the vet monday for a health check BUT when he moves he grunts, hes very nervous so wonder if thats why or if its cause hes overweight , can anyone think of another reason for this?

Perdy bunny used to make a weird grunt when she walked because of scar tissue on her lungs following snuffles? My Betty sometimes makes a weird grunting noise when she is being territorial over things that Walter goes near (mainly a carboard box she has claimed), so it could be his anxieties? Or just his weight affecting his breathing?

That all sounds quite negative but it could also just be his way? :)

my darling Barnsley Bun used to grunt, especially at meal times, i don't think he was over weight but he was a big bunny.

yorkshire stock!!

Is he neutered? Could be hormonal and frustration as makes especially do this at everything when frustrated sexually ect.. due to not being neutered

If neutered grunting can be a good thing like he is enjoying himself, or is really Into what he is doing

It can be territorial or affectionate an expression of happiness

Or a warning or it's mine or back off or out my way lol

Mottle used to grunt (and lunge). He just lunges now (usually when surprised by sudden movement).

Perhaps it will stop as he settles with you.

Thanks folks, today he isnt grunting but still very nervous, he dosentveat anything accept greens an carrots an a small bit of musli tho but im sure this will change when he settles

Back