• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my special girl is nearing the end. Sleep tight prudence x

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Prudence was diagnosed with bad spondylosis at the beginning of the year and her mobility has been deteriorating for several years.

Last night she lost the use of one of her back legs completely and her front ones aren't strong enough to compensate :(

It is so sad because in her mind she is still a lively two year old. She is trying desperately to drag herself about and is completely exhausted.

Is an awful decision to have to make because in her face and personality she is still my baby Prudy. But her body is failing her :(

She has been with me for so long, longer than rainbow rabbits has existed, longer than my husband has lived here. But she deserves to have dignity at the end so I am trying hard to put my feelings to one side.

She has an appointment Monday morning so it is possible she will be reunited with her true love Bruce at the bridge

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, what a terribly hard decision :cry:

Hope you and Prudence enjoy your time left together xxx

you have my utmost sympathy. I hope it wont be for a while yet but i fear we will lose Berry to his legs too. As you say its heartbreaking seeing them wanting to be so active and lively and their legs failing them. :cry:

I hope you and Prudence cope over the weekend and hope your love and strength for her gives you comfort. xx

Thinking of you and pru.
such a hard decision to make but you know when is the right time and its a last kindness.
i know shell be happily being spoiled.
sending lots of hugs xxxxxxx

I'm sorry to hear this news Liz :(. She trusts you and knows you'll be there for her, no matter what. Thinking of you.

Liz I'm so sorry for you and Prudence. :cry: The body can be such a frail thing sometimes and yet the mind and heart are so strong ... and it is her heart that will continue with you even when her physical form is not.
You are such a kind person and always thinking of your precious charges ahead of yourself. You take on board more pain to relieve them of theirs. I'm certain you've given Prudence a wonderful life. I hope this weekend can be enjoyed by both of you with lots of cuddles and treats and I'll be thinking of you all the way through to Monday. xxxx

Oh how sad, my heart goes out to you, it's such a difficult decision to face. Sending you and prudence strengthening vibes xxx

Oh you poor souls. This is the worst part of loving them so very much, they are so precious to us.

Aww bless her. I hope you have a really sweet time over the weekend and that she has a peaceful end when the time comes x

Sorry pru little one .... But Bruce is waiting for you to Binky with him *nose rubs*

Lots of vibes love and snuggles

Vibes for a lovely last few days and gentle sleep

Thank you for replying. Last night we both felt so bad about the decision we felt we couldn't go through with it :( Its just so hard when they are still themselves and "well".

But we will definitely go to the appointment and if the vet feels pts is the right thing then of course we will go a long with their opinion.

Its so important to us that she doesn't suffer and has dignity at the end. But at the same time our hearts are screaming- maybe just a few more days, just a little bit longer :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back