• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are You Being Sold Pet Neglect ?

vee-jay

Mama Doe
Are you being sold pet neglect?

We have lots of lovely brochures which tells it as it is, our stores sell NEGLECT when it comes to the Welfare of our Rabbits.

Anyone else who feels they could use them at awareness events, know of somewhere that would display them or just to hand out to friends/family etc.. just send me a pm with where to post.
We may be a Scottish based Charity but this issue is very much prevalent throughout the UK & are happy to send them to anyone who wants to help put an end to the Sale of Pet Neglect for our Rabbits

Also please check out our new updated website

http://rabbitsrequirerights.webs.com/the-sale-of-pet-neglect

Nice. We got a lot of these problems in Norway as well.
I have yet to see a proper outdoor hutch being sold in pet shops, as they are usually far too small and frail, or have wire floors.
And we get lots of snow every year.. Hutches made to withstand British summers become utterly useless at keeping the rabbit safe and warm.
When I tell people I want to keep my rabbits indoors (they're currently in a heated shed) they look at me like I'm crazy or saying things like rabbits don't like being indoors.

I'm currently looking for a place to live that allows animals and whenever I bring up the rabbits some people just say "oh I'm sure they'll be fine. Just keep them in a cage in a corner/the garden".
Oh yeah three full grown rabbits in the tiny little prisons they sell in pet shops? Wonderful idea.

Great looking leaflet. LOTS of advice. It is so terrible that these teeny cages are seen as totally normal for rabbits.

My first two had a four foot indoor cage (open at all times and free ranging in my bedroom) and so many people commented on the HUGE cage :shock:

Back