• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making an insurance claim

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
I have Daisy covered by p@h premier rabbit insurance. Last Sunday she had to go to the emergency vet as she stopped eating. They diagnosed stasis and gave her a variety of drugs with the whole thing costing £171. She was no better on the Monday so I took her to our regular vet where she was given b12 and antibiotics as the vet could find no obvious reason for her not eating. this visit cost £50

My question is, how do I claim when it was 2 different vets who treated her? Does anyone have experience of this?

Yes, I've had this happen. Hand a claim form in to each vet for them to fill in the bit relevant to them. P@H will receive both and treat it the same as they would if it was one claim and should just knock the excess plus 10% off the total bill. I don't think this situation will be uncommon at all as a lot of people have to use a different OOH vet to the one they use regularly. It may possibly delay the processing of the claim as more complex but that should be the only downside.

Back