• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gumtree adverts (rant)

Neve

Warren Scout
since viewing the sticky about different rescue you stories i decided t search gumtree and see what i found. i am now so angry both with people selling there rabbits and with the cages being sold!!!

there was a tiny ferplast cage and i am talking TINY not even one of the 'large' ones advertised as being suitable for 3 adult rabbits!! :evil: i wouldn't keep a hamster in it!! rabbits being sold with 'large' 4' x 2' hutches with no mention of a run or needing one! single rabbits with no mention of needing a partner or ever having one! rabbits being described as little cutie! perfect for children! loves being picked up! makes me so angry. wish i had 1000 sheds to rescue all these poor bunnies :(

It's :censored: isn't it :cry: you could report them to the freeads team on here, to see if anything can be done to give advice.

Its really depressing isnt it. I am looking for a few things animal equipment wise so am searching the pets section of free ads sites at the moment and it is making me so unhappy :( If you see evidence of neglect or miserable rabbits in sad conditions you could certainly report to the free-ads team and they maybe able to help.

Since being on here, it's certainly opened my eyes to how bunnies are kept as opposed to how they should be and it's staggering! I try not to look at these sites any more, I'll be too tempted to "rescue" one/some & I know that's not the answer :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be too tempted to "rescue" one/some & I know that's not the answer :cry:

yeah... I know, but it is the answer for that one animal isnt it... and thats where I struggle a bit... I always want to take the animals away from those situations. I definately cant have any more bunnies at the moment but hamsters tug at my heart strings because I could easily accomodate some :(

I am looking for another secondhand 120 cm cage to accomodate a pair of guinea pig boars (I have one loan boar, he needs a friend, I need to take him boar dating as soon as possible) and its upsetting me so much doing a daily search of free ads sites that Im just going to buy a new one. Its not worth the upset!!

yeah... I know, but it is the answer for that one animal isnt it... and thats where I struggle a bit... I always want to take the animals away from those situations. I definately cant have any more bunnies at the moment but hamsters tug at my heart strings because I could easily accomodate some :(

I agree with you there. You want to help the poor animals stuck there as it's not their fault, but by doing that you're encouraging the irresponsible people :evil: tough choice :cry:

I am looking for another secondhand 120 cm cage to accomodate a pair of guinea pig boars (I have one loan boar, he needs a friend, I need to take him boar dating as soon as possible) and its upsetting me so much doing a daily search of free ads sites that Im just going to buy a new one. Its not worth the upset!!

Many rescues do boar dating. Our sister site the guina pig forum will have links to loads of them.

Best of luck with your search. Gumtree, etc make for heart wrenching reading.

Back