• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hurting so much - does it get any easier?

I'm not one to post in forums but this has been the worst week of my life for a very long time as I have had to say goodnight forever to my gorgeous little boy. I am really struggling to deal with it all, the bunny shaped hole he has left in my life - does it get any easier? Cos right now it doesn't feel like it. Just feel like I need some one who knows how I am feeling.

it will get easier as time goes on, its just over a year since i lost my first bunny and there are days when i still miss him like crazy even though i now have a new bunny (even after saying i would never have another one) but i still talk about him and i have all the photos and the memories so even though hes not physically here anymore i havent forgotten him

*sends you lots of hugs*

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny.:cry::cry: Many of my bunnies have passed away over the years and to be honest, every single time that happens, the feelings of such sadness and loss are overwhelming. Many people never ever 'get' what caring for a bunny means to us, but here on RU we do understand.

The sadness in my opinion is always with you, but the degree of which it hurts does ease over time. Please continue to post especially if you feel that it helps you in one way or another.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss.

Sending you a bunny hug to try and comfort you at this sad time.x

I'm so sorry you lost your little man :cry: It is so hard. Yes it does get easier but nearly 4 months after losing Cheeky I still shed a tear most days.

i'm so sorry for your loss. i can relate to how intense the pain is sadly. alot of us can. :cry: i would say it gets less intense as time goes on. still with some intense times, as with any grief, but you do begin to remember the good happy times as much, not just the time they went. it is extremely hard though :cry:. massive hugs xxx

:cry: I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: time is a great healer so eventually when the grief has subsided you should be able to remember all the happy times you shared with your bunny. Maybe posting a tribute to him in rainbow bridge might help ? Sending hugs to you xx

I just posted on your other thread too.

I'm sorry you lost your little boy :cry::cry:.

I know the pain is awful, but it does eventually change to being more manageable. In the meantime, spend some time being good to yourself.

:cry:.. Sorry for your loss... it hurts, never goes away but for me it does get easier... i still find myself welling up though,,,

i miss my wee furry boy too...

love to you
Fee x

I'm sorry you lost your little boy.

It's very hard. Many years ago when I lost my lovely soul mate I didn't think I could go on without seeing him every day and cuddling him. For me it can take years before I begin to live with these losses.

The only way I stop myself feeling guilty and sad is not to focus on their passing but on the lovely life they had .. :love:

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your little bun. It does get easier to live with in time, you just need to take each day as it comes.
Binky free at the bridge little man xx

Thank you for your messages - I knew there would be many of you that have experienced this pain and know how I feel. My emotions are all over the place right now, the feeling of guilt is overwhelming me at the moment for many reasons - why did I not see it and take him to the vet sooner? I feel guilt for not having the routine and rituals to get up for and come home to. I feel guilty for having the time I spent caring for him back and feel guilty at the thought of doing things that we couldn't do when he was with us. My partner is seeing all the good things about our little boys life but all I can see is that sad ending. We cleared his room yesterday which was heart breaking and felt so final. I woke up at 4am this morning just crying :cry:

Cry as much as you need to, you have to let it out. I can remember all too well waking up with tears in my eyes before I had even opened them in the first week or two, and bursting into tears at random times of the day. My OH was very supportive and this helps a lot, I hope yours is too, sounds like they are and them talking about the good times is good, especially when all you can focus on is the sadness, it gives some balance. Try not to expect too much of yourself, I imagined everyone else would be thinking I'd be over it in a day or two, and I put pressure on myself to put on a brave face and get over it, but I didn't need to really, your real friends will understand, and we here on RU will understand too. Talk to us whenever you need to xxx

Just wanted to add, those mixed feelings of guilt, questions, what if's, they are all normal, and I think part of the grief/healing process. Just let them come and go as they will.

Last edited:
Back