• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin just gave me a big scare :(

jazxo

Mama Doe
I had just put down her pellets and as usual she was absolutely gobbling them down. She then started flicking her head to one side and trying to kind of chew air? I automatically thought oh my god she's choking but she was still trying to dislodge it so I waited a couple of seconds then went to pick her up. She ran away (hates being picked up) so I ran after her and managed to grab her, I kind of tipped her slightly downwards towards her the floor (head down) and she struggled a lot and the pellet dropped out.

I feed Supreme Science Selective and they come in all sizes, some straight and some curled. This one was very curled and I think it must have kind of hooked up and lodged itself in her mouth?

This is what the pellet looked like:
image_zpsb9f78061.jpeg

She's thankfully absolutely fine and went on to munch the rest of her pellets.

I'm not saying don't feed SS pellets but just as a precaution I'm going to snap all the curled ones in half so they don't have a sharp curve if that makes sense? If you have a greedy gobbly bunny like Pippin I suggest you do the same just to be on the safe side..

Phew :lol:

I wish they would eat without scoffing! :lol: Kerbie did the same, so now we soak the pellets and haven't had a problem since. I think it was in the sticky Georgey did about choking so I was very grateful!

Scared the life out of me! Bless her she was in a right panic too. Yeah that sticky is great

I wish they would eat without scoffing! :lol: Kerbie did the same, so now we soak the pellets and haven't had a problem since. I think it was in the sticky Georgey did about choking so I was very grateful!

Charlie's really greedy and I worry about him choking... I feed excel but I couldn't even soak them to cut my worries because he won't eat damp food :roll:

Glad Pippin is okay!

Back