• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just thrown 'Gingers Blanket' away :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

It was the one Blackberry & Co made for her, when she first got poorly.

It had so many holes in it, was in pieces, covered in god knows what stains.

Just really made me think of her.

:cry:

It was the one Blackberry & Co made for her, when she first got poorly.

It had so many holes in it, was in pieces, covered in god knows what stains.

Just really made me think of her.

I usually keep a small square of something g like that Just enough of a physical presence to bring back the memories. My mothers mother used to buy her slippers every birthday and when she died my mother kept a small square of the fabric of the slippers when it was time to get rid of them

Aww I am sorry :( I always keep the blankets, its silly I know but it gives me comfort, its the last thing bunny usually had as I always wrap them in a blanket after, like a shroud.

It is a sad and upsetting time when we part with bridge bunny belongings. I still have bit and pieces that belong to bunnies that lived with me many, many years ago. I just can't bear to part with them.:cry::cry:

Thinking of you and Biscuit, Joshua and of course Mrs.L too. xxxxx

:( it's horrible when something reminds you and then it hits hard. :(

i kept the blanket that ches went to the vets with when he passed. it has his smell on it. i did the same with matts blanket. it belonged to the vets but i couldn't give it back because it so strongly had matts smell. matt was cremated in half of his rainbow sheep blanket, and i kept the other half. thing is now that the smells have faded on the blankets. :cry: also kept other bits and pieces as i can't bear to part with them.

hugs x

:( it's horrible when something reminds you and then it hits hard. :(

i kept the blanket that ches went to the vets with when he passed. it has his smell on it. i did the same with matts blanket. it belonged to the vets but i couldn't give it back because it so strongly had matts smell. matt was cremated in half of his rainbow sheep blanket, and i kept the other half. thing is now that the smells have faded on the blankets. :cry: also kept other bits and pieces as i can't bear to part with them.

hugs x

hugs :cry: I fully understand, I have a vetbed fleece, gorgeus blue one here, it was locksleys he kept it soo well looked after, that when he died, I just hugged it and smelt it, then put it away, I wouldn't let mabel have it, and its become part of what I have to remember him by, no bunny will ever be allowed on it, sounds silly ive got such a good bed but I can't bare to see it being used as it was his :cry: x

hugs :cry: I fully understand, I have a vetbed fleece, gorgeus blue one here, it was locksleys he kept it soo well looked after, that when he died, I just hugged it and smelt it, then put it away, I wouldn't let mabel have it, and its become part of what I have to remember him by, no bunny will ever be allowed on it, sounds silly ive got such a good bed but I can't bare to see it being used as it was his :cry: x

:( xxx

Aw, always sad to do something like that :(

It lasted her well, though! Lady Jane has holes in hers within a few days :lol:

(((hugs)))

Oh Gray, I'm so sorry. It's hard to do these things. :(
I still think of Ginger lots and miss her. I hope you and Biccy are okay.
All the best to Joshua and Mrs. Gray too. xxxx

:cry: I didn't want to clean the bunny room after gypsy passed away. It felt as though I was washing away every trace of her and I cried like a baby :cry: it is still very raw for me. It is heartbreaking hugsxxx

Back