• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welfare Hutches no longer do custom Hutches....

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Due to workload. Can anyone recommend a company that could build me a 6ft x 2.5ft double with trap door and removable ramp and deliver to Bristol at a reasonable price.

Gutted as I have a 7.5ft triple made by them and I wanted this to match.

My OH could build you such a hutch. Provided that it isn't needed urgently as he has been busy building our extension and has a couple of other hutches to build for other people and his normal day to day work...then Bob's your Uncle....so to speak. Well Bob's my OH!!!!

Totally made from scratch, totally bespoke, and whatever you design you want he is always happy to make. He provides handmade snuggle boxes, ramps and even a perspex front which is fitted on a wooden frame which is removable but easily fitted on to the hutch when it is wet and windy. No mdf is used, normally 3/4" marine ply.

To see some of hutches he has made, google small animal boarding, click on Worcestershire, click on Hoppy Holidays and click on small pet boarding details as there are photos of two of his hutches on the little slide show. The oldest of my hutches is 12 years old and still going strong, a massive 8' x 2' x 2' with a drop down ramp.

Have a peek anyway....perhaps he can help.:thumb:

Last edited:
My OH could build you such a hutch. Provided that it isn't needed urgently as he has been busy building our extension and has a couple of other hutches to build for other people and his normal day to day work...then Bob's your Uncle....so to speak. Well Bob's my OH!!!!

Totally made from scratch, totally bespoke, and whatever you design you want he is always happy to make. He provides handmade snuggle boxes, ramps and even a perspex front which is fitted on a wooden frame which is removable but easily fitted on to the hutch when it is wet and windy. No mdf is used, normally 3/4" marine ply.

To see some of hutches he has made, google small animal boarding, click on Worcestershire, click on Hoppy Holidays and click on small pet boarding details as there are photos of two of his hutches on the little slide show. The oldest of my hutches is 12 years old and still going strong, a massive 8' x 2' x 2' with a drop down ramp.

Have a peek anyway....perhaps he can help.:thumb:

Mrs Bunnykins could you please clear your inbox, if possible I would like a quote for a huge hutch

I am looking for a 6 foot triple hutch - did ask Ryedale but they said they could not deliver to me (North Wales) :(

I am looking for a 6 foot triple hutch - did ask Ryedale but they said they could not deliver to me (North Wales) :(

That would still be worth asking him about - if its a standard size for his double hutches (i.e. 6x2, 7x2 or 7x3) then making it a triple probably wouldnt be a problem still as i *think* from the way it flat packs its pretty much the same thing for him to add an extra floor. Whereas other non-standard sizes mean everything has to be done differently, so is a lot of extra work.

Last edited:
Sounds like Bobs going to be a busy bunny, does he know your hiring him out lol always great to have good quality hutches, well done Bob for making so many happy buns :thumb:

I can deliver to North Wales and in fact most of the UK.
Extra charges may apply to some remote areas.

As standard i don't do triple hutches as the height would be either 7.5ft or 9ft, but happy to give a quote if needed.

Granddadrob hutches. They were forsham arks. Will make anything. Bombproof. Will last forever. Amazing stuff

I wouldn't have anything else

Google granddad rob

Mike from Moore Space for Pets might be able to help - he's on facebook and has a new website. He did our cat run :thumb:

Back