• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

veggies

yorkmummy

New Kit
hi guys newbie to the forum i wanted to ask is it safe to feed baby corn and green beans to bunnies as i bought some tonight but wanted to double check before i went ahead thanks in advance Amy x

I buy those packs too for stir fries and would give each bun one baby corn and one mangetout or sugarsnap (depending on which comes in the pack) each and my buns have been fine but I read a post recently where someone said peas are not good for buns so the jury is still out on that one. I can't give a definitive yes or no, all I can say is mine have been fine with small quantities.

Maybe someone else will be of more help x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I think they are both safe but not ideal, peas and beans are high in sugar and corn can cause blockages (although I think baby corn is less likely to)

About corn:
Corn, fresh or dried, is NOT safe for rabbits. The hull of corn kernels is composed of a complex polysaccharide (not cellulose and pectin, of which plant cell walls are more commonly composed, and which a rabbit can digest) which rabbits cannot digest. We know of more than one rabbit who suffered intestinal impactions because of the indigestible corn hulls. After emergency medical treatment, when the poor rabbits finally passed the corn, their fecal pellets were nearly solid corn hulls! Those rabbits were lucky.

Source

Green beans are risky so don't give them in large quantities, but they're not as bad as corn.

Back