• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggies galore!!

Piggiesgalore

Mama Doe
As requested by Mrs Bunnykins a few of the piggies we currently have here :love:

Sadly all the pigs in my signature are now at Rainbow Bridge but they taught me so much in the time that they were with us. I fostered for a local guinea pig rescue for a couple of years before opening East Peckham Guinea Pig Rescue in October 2012. Here are just a few of the piggies who are currently with us awaiting their forever homes. The first batch of piggies only came into rescue last month and the girls are all currently on pregnancy watch - despite being assured they hadn't been anywhere near the boar, surprise surprise at least one is very obviously pregnant :love:

Millie, a little rexy type piggy of around 6 months old - a tiny dot of a girlie

Gorgeous little Evie, about 4 months old and a wee beauty

The stunning Sadie who is sadly pregnant. She has an agouti head and roaned back, she is a stunning little girl and only a baby at around 4 months old

Isabel who is supposed to be around a year old (suspect she is nearer 9/10 months) and who is allegedly mum to Evie, Sadie and Oscar. She is the bravest of the group of girls and is always out looking for food bless her

Freya is also supposed to be around a year old, although she seems slightly older - she is a gorgeous girl

The final piggy from this rescue is Oscar, a very handsome little chap. I am concerned that he may be dad to Sadie's babies which is not good on two counts, both pigs are roans so we are almost certainly guaranteed to have some 'lethal' babies if he is the dad and secondly he is obviously Sadie's brother:cry: For those that don't know what a 'lethal' is, it's a piggy born with serious health issues, they are generally pink eyed white pigs, often with deformed or no eyes, terrible teeth issues and sometimes internal organ problems too - so very bad news. This is one of the many reasons why people who don't know what they are doing should not breed piggies :(

Next we have the gorgeous Maggie. Maggie came to me from a very complicated situation. I was involved in a large rescue in the Autumn of 2013, we took out around 40 pigs and 25 rabbits from a terrible situation. Some of the animals were being fostered in a different location and were handed in to us as the fosterer had had enough. At the time we didn't know about Maggie, but one of my supporters spotted the woman advertising her on a Facebook page so went and collected her for me. She is an absolutely stunning girl, we just need to find her a new friend now.

Next comes Mistletoe & Olive a stunning pair of abby cross girls. They came into rescue just over a year ago - I can't believe they are still with us :( They are youngsters around 2 who were purchased for a 3 year old child. Thankfully the mum realised that a pair of pigs weren't suitable for such a youngster and asked us to take them in.

Next up Hebe who came in just before Christmas. She and her pal Rowan (an un-neutered male) had been living together but somehow thankfully Hebe managed to avoid getting pregnant, she has just finished her pregnancy watch and I hope to have someone coming to view her to bond to their bereaved little girl. Hebe is only about 5 months old so still a baby.

Rowan, her partner in crime - his coat has grown considerably since he came in, he is a very handsome little guy

The final pair of piggies are Pansy & Posey - from the same rescue as Maggie. These two are beautiful girls, but absolutely terrified of people. They will settle for a cuddle once you've caught them but they are incredibly difficult to catch!

This is just a few of the piggies currently with us in rescue awaiting their forever homes :love: Pics of my bunnies to follow.

Our bunnies :love:

Our Rainbow Bridge girl Cassie. Cass came into rescue as the runt of an inbred litter with all sorts of health issues. We adopted Kermit from Furry Friends Rescue as a friend for Cassie, but sadly her health got the better of her and we lost her just before her first birthday.

Next we have the handsome Kermit who joined us as Cassie's husbun

Minnie McPhee came into rescue because she had dreadful teeth - as an 11 week old baby her incisors were horrific and at 14 weeks they were removed and since then she has gone on from strength to strength :)

And next comes Mole, a little bun who contracted myxi with his litter siblings at 2 weeks of age. Mole had a pox mark on his lip which made eating very difficult for him so he needed additional help, once weaned he stayed in the rescue and joined Kermit and Minnie McPhee

And last but not least we have Piers, a bun who came into rescue from a lady who had to downsize due to having far too many buns. Piers is about 2 years old and is looking for a wife bun to call his own:love:

Hope you like our furry family, both rescue and permanent :)

Awwww, such lovely fluffs :love:. I notice you're in Kent. Do you rehome all over the country or just locally? It's always nice to know where to get piggies from in the future - especially now that Tracy's rescue has closed. I still have Honeybunnies not a million miles away and I've had a piggy from Jackie at GBH in Beckenham.

They are all so gorgeous! :love::love::love:

I have never had the pleasure of having piggies and unfortunately just do not have the space here. The buns are such sweeties :love::love::love:

I have 2 that are just like Kermit :D xxxx

I hope they find their forever home soon xxxx

Awwww, such lovely fluffs :love:. I notice you're in Kent. Do you rehome all over the country or just locally? It's always nice to know where to get piggies from in the future - especially now that Tracy's rescue has closed. I still have Honeybunnies not a million miles away and I've had a piggy from Jackie at GBH in Beckenham.

At the moment we rehome locally as I do all the home checks - that doesn't mean to say that we wouldn't consider rehoming further afield for the right home, particularly if it had already been home checked by another respected rescue :D

They are all beautiful, despite their sad stories :(

I especially love Olive and Mistletoe. Is there a special term for when their fur looks like its been put on backwards? I really love piggies that have that sort of fur :D

Ooooooooh thank you so much for posting such wonderful photos.:love::love::love::love: You've made an old woman VERY happy.

I love them all!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Lovely photos of your furry residents. :love:

I'm particularly touched by Maggie, as she looks like a piggie version of my lionhead cross REW rabbit. Same sort of tufts. :love:

Ooooooooh thank you so much for posting such wonderful photos.:love::love::love::love: You've made an old woman VERY happy.

I love them all!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Not so much of the old ;) Glad you liked them, I dont post pics nearly often enough but my time is generally spent trying to sort the animals out! Will try to do better :)

Lovely photos of your furry residents. :love:

I'm particularly touched by Maggie, as she looks like a piggie version of my lionhead cross REW rabbit. Same sort of tufts. :love:

Mags is a lovely girl, sadly like REW buns pink eyed white piggies are also often overlooked :( I'm hoping her funky hair do will help as she really is a cutie pie. I don't understand the whole aversion to pink eyed animals :/

They are all beautiful, despite their sad stories :(

I especially love Olive and Mistletoe. Is there a special term for when their fur looks like its been put on backwards? I really love piggies that have that sort of fur :D

Thank you :) The girls are abysinnian crosses, rosette piggies:love: They have really funky hair, it's also easy to look after as neither have flowing locks so not too much brushing involved :)

All your your animals are lovely. But eeekkk piggies :love:. Maggies funky hair do reminds me of my Talulahs.

At the moment we rehome locally as I do all the home checks - that doesn't mean to say that we wouldn't consider rehoming further afield for the right home, particularly if it had already been home checked by another respected rescue :D

Well that's good to know. My piggies have all come from GBP, RNGPW and Honeybunnies :thumb:.

We have a great rescue up here http://www.rhydowenrodentrefuge.webs.com/ that I got my three piggies from. They had been in rescue for AGES just like some of yours have (Two of them, Jacky and Pip, are pictured on the website. They are mother and daughter and are the same size now).

Sadie is beautiful. I bet her babies will be gorgeous.

Maggie is quite wonderful. If I thought that my three would definately accept her I'd offer her a home but its a long way for her to travel if they didnt.

Mistletoe and Olive are lovely.

OMG Pansy and Posey, how sweet. Incredible that they dont have a home yet.

Last edited:
Back