• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So I am impressed

Fellie

Warren Veteran
My nephew who is 12 years old, works at an Adventure Farm a few days a week after school. Whilst there he met Simba - a rather handsome rabbit and after much pleading and begging, has persuaded his parents to let him have Simba (who was being sold by the farm).

My SIL (nephew's mum) is scared of rabbits - which I find a bit baffling but apparently the rabbit she had as a child was rather aggressive and would bite - so I suppose I understand (hmmm). She did ask me what I thought - and I gave her my honest opinion, outlining what they would need to buy for the rabbit and the commitment and care the rabbit would need going forward. She wasn't keen but my brother ended up saying yes and Simba has joined their family.

He lives in a well insulated area above their garage (the garage is used for storage - not cars) and one thing I will say about my brother - when he does something, he does it properly and does not spare the cash either. So the set up was pretty good - the hutch is too small of course (don't people ever learn?:shock:) but Simba does get alot of time out so it's not as bad as it could be. And from the photos I've seen Simba is looking very fit and happy. I sent up a box of healthy treats for him as well so that my nephew knows what sort of treats to get him - and I will send up more from time to time. AND my SIL has admitted that she is rather smitten with the rabbit too :love: (he's a cuddle bun and loves attention:thumb:).

I have said right from the start that if it all gets too much for my nephew and he cannot give the bun the time it needs - then to call me and I will give him a home. So it's all looking good for him which I am relieved about. But I am very impressed with nephew so far - he's taking his responsibilities seriously, and is really enjoying it too. :thumb:

awww that sounds so sweet, you must be really happy for Simba! Its good for Simba that he has a good home and he's fine there, and very welcomed! Congrats ahaha x:D

Back