• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was norty..

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
..and brought Fiver down for a hop about in the living room. For those that don't know, he has hurt his left back leg somehow and is meant to be on cage rest. We don't know if it will heal properly, since it looks like nerve damage, but he has already improved slightly, so hopefully he will fully recover. Fiver does not "do" cages or confinement in any way. He has been bar biting, attacking me, throwing his litter tray about, pooing everywhere, refusing to eat his hay and basically just completely going mental.

He really enjoyed his hop about, even did a little binky! :shock: He is still nowhere near 100%, though, and actually laid down. He would normally never lay down whilst out exploring. :cry: He was only out for about 15 mins and I'm hoping it will help him feel less frustrated. So far, I've not heard any bar biting.

Just so you can see how badly he is holding his leg.. :(

And having a rest. :)

Hopefully he will be back to his usual self in time, but I am certainly very worried that his leg will never fully heal. :cry: He isn't the kind of bun that would cope with that.

:love: he is stunning. Sorry her still struggling but hopefully the cage rest will pay off.

Poor Fiver :( I'm glad to hear a brief time out helped with the cabin fever but sorry to hear he's still uncomfy. :(

Sending more (((((((((((vibes))))))))))) his way that his leg will completely heal. xxxxxx

Aww bless ... He looks like he was having fun and what a handsome boy x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I think its a really good idea. Gives him some variety.

Leg healing vibes coming his way.

Oh bless him!! Nose nubs and snuggles for a good recovery. He's lovely. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the vibes and nose rubs. :love:

He has been very quiet today (although he bar bit ALL morning!) but he has not been hopping up to the front of the crate and begging for attention/food. I am worried about him, he won't eat anywhere near as much hay as usual when he's kept alone, but I can't shut the girls in with him because he tries to hump them, and that will obviously hurt his leg. :roll:

I will keep him shut up until he sees the vets tomorrow, and if he has to be confined for longer (which I think he will have to be) I will get him out for 15 mins every night to have a hop about the living room. Will see what the vets thinks, anyway. Poor little man. :( I miss his bedtime cuddles.

Back