• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits acting strange...

lilsouris

Warren Scout
Bit puzzled, anyone else experienced this?

Just had both my buns staring at the corner of the room opposite where they are, to the left on me for ages. Buffy flattened her body and ears and looked like she was in a trance and willow kept standing on her hind legs (meerkating as I call it) and staring.At first I thought that they were staring at me but I moved and they didn't, just kept staring at that same spot. I watched them for a min and they just kept staring, couldnt see anything that could have caught their attention, no reflection, insects nothing, so I walked over to them to make sure they were okay. Gave them a stroke and they barely move. I'm concerned by this point so I go to get the OH to see what he makes off it before I can call him they both bolt out of the room into the kitchen.

Now they are completely normal flopped out on the floor :/

What on earth did they see :S Just spoke to my friend on FB and she reckons a ghost :lol: Laughed at first but she's made me paranoid now :cry:

Could it be reflection from a window or wind outside ?

Or they just made mommy paranoid and found it funny :oops:

Strong wind and rain makes my two bunnies act rather strangely too.

Bunnies.........if only they could talk. Whoever said that they were easy to look after? Wrong, far too complicated for most people.....but we luv 'em.:thumb::love::love:

Maybe they just heard a noise that you didn't ?

My sophie was acting strange last night, creeping around and hiding behind a chair peeking round the corner and when I went near her she ran off. Anyway I later noticed that my wooly hat was on the floor by the corner she was peeking round.
After I moved it she was fine so she thought it was some unknown threat lol.

Bunnies.........if only they could talk. Whoever said that they were easy to look after? Wrong, far too complicated for most people.....but we luv 'em.:thumb::love::love:
:thumb: Aye, wouldn't change them for the world though. Confusing and halirous in equal measures, they defiantly keep me entertained and busy that's for sure. I'd just love to know what goes on in their heads sometimes though.

Maybe they just heard a noise that you didn't ?

My sophie was acting strange last night, creeping around and hiding behind a chair peeking round the corner and when I went near her she ran off. Anyway I later noticed that my wooly hat was on the floor by the corner she was peeking round.
After I moved it she was fine so she thought it was some unknown threat lol.

Haha bless :) You saved her from the mean scary hat :lol: Yeah possibly was just thinking that they might have heard the bins moving in the ginnel maybe? Quiet to us is clear as a bell to them I guess.

my two have been behaving oddly today. all started off normal but when they were both in the hay tray this morning Bella mounted Edward :shock:, i've never seen either of them do this before!! he bolted as did she. not sure if she meant to do it or was just trying to get out of the tray, if she wanted to get out there plenty of options. one thought i had was that Edward was "muscling-in" (he often jumps in and sits with his bum right in Bella's face and then wee's) maybe she she was being assertive?

anyway, every day at approx 11.30 Edward goes for his snooze in the hidey-hole and Bella follows about an hour later. today neither have been in the hidey-hole, instead having snoozes at the bottom of the stairs.

AND!! Bella has been radging in the cardboard box and i mean REALLY radging, that's normally Edwards domain!!

i'm confused.

Biscuit spends ages sat on the window sill of my office when it rains, he just looks at it and then licks the window :roll:

Back