• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

potential safety issue - found a metal ring in the buns chew ball....anyone else?

JackieS

Warren Scout
I often buy axl and rose the balls from wilko made from Seagrass etc (these ones http://www.wilko.com/small-animal-toys/wilko-fun-ball-trio-for-small-animals/invt/0303671), they love the water hyacinth one especially, and until now never seem to have had any problem.

I looked at the water hyacinth one that they have half chewed and inside I found a metal ring. It's a full circle and the perfect size that one of them could have got their head stuck in it if they destroyed the rest of the ball

Sorry the picture is massive can't seem to resize on my ipad

4b373aba731c00ed26967fe415105f8b_zpsd703dfcc.jpg

:shock:mine love that one too, but I have never seen one of those in there before, defo write to wilkos of concerns, wonder if it new thing, if is certainly not safe, and won't be getting anymore for my buns

I have just sent them an email mini lop, will also be posting on their Facebook site shortly. We have never seen one before and we have bought the balls previously. But according to someone on a bunny site I follow on Facebook this same issue has been flagged previously and they were told the item was going to be recalled but obviously this hasn't happened fully

No one else?

They have replied saying they will pass my email to their Quality assurance department and offered gift voucher for my trouble

Back