• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of u that have found odd things in your hay...

:lol: You're lucky! My bun's will only eat Ings from Hay For Pets. :roll:

I had a massive piece of barbed wire in some Ings once.
These things are bound to happen though - there's no way they can screen every square foot of their land for foreign objects as they harvest.

:lol: You're lucky! My bun's will only eat Ings from Hay For Pets. :roll:

Funnily enough I've just this second ordered some of that :lol: I've ordered a bag of ings and a bag of t&r. I've tried t&r before but their enthusiasm didn't last that long so I thought it was a bit much to spend but I'm really struggling with one of my pairs, just when I think I've found one they'll eat, they stop again :( They liked asda and tesco ones then I got one from the horse shop where I get my bales from and they liked that but then stopped eating so much again, sometimes they'll scoff the baled stuff and other times ignore it... They always have small poops :( So thought id give hay4pets another try... Wish me luck!!!

I had a massive piece of barbed wire in some Ings once.
These things are bound to happen though - there's no way they can screen every square foot of their land for foreign objects as they harvest.

I know, I would have been shocked to find anything like that but since reading posts on here I always expect to find stuff now :lol: The worst I've had has been feathers, once I got a little clump, and just recently the bale I got had quite a lot of little feathers :( thankfully no sign of bird tho, prob got eaten by a fox or another bird... I used to be shocked if I found a stick :lol:

Empty shotgun round took it to the shop and they said bring what's left of the bag and they would give me a new bag if I wanted, but I said as it wasn't a dead thing it was ok and the buns were happy eating it it was ok

As it's grown in a field and cut and baled by machine it is more than likely going to have strange stuff in it :?

This is what I find now :roll:

Empty shotgun round took it to the shop and they said bring what's left of the bag and they would give me a new bag if I wanted, but I said as it wasn't a dead thing it was ok and the buns were happy eating it it was ok

As it's grown in a field and cut and baled by machine it is more than likely going to have strange stuff in it :?

This is what I find now :roll:

What is it?! Can't tell in the pic :(

It's a cat! :lol: What is it with cats and bags? It's something that has completely baffled me lol.

It took me a while to find a hay that all my buns loved. Fiver and Xena used to love Timothy and Rye...but they started going off it for some strange reason. When I got Shadowfax I couldn't get her to eat hay, until she got spayed, and was forced to be indoors and so not have any grass. Then she would only eat the wilkos or garden centre own brand meadow hay. :roll:

Then my friend gave me the rest of her bag of ings...and I realise that all three went mad for it, so ordered my own bag, and so far they haven't gone off it. :thumb:

Yes it's the Jessy cat if there is a somewhere he shouldn't be best to check if you can't find him :roll:

I buy this meadow hay from Just formPets and the Premium Nature hay and peppermint and rosehip or dandelion and cammomile they all love it :D

Yes it's the Jessy cat if there is a somewhere he shouldn't be best to check if you can't find him :roll:

I buy this meadow hay from Just formPets and the Premium Nature hay and peppermint and rosehip or dandelion and cammomile they all love it :D

Ah right haha sorry I'm only on my phone so pic is really small!

It's a cat! :lol: What is it with cats and bags? It's something that has completely baffled me lol.

It took me a while to find a hay that all my buns loved. Fiver and Xena used to love Timothy and Rye...but they started going off it for some strange reason. When I got Shadowfax I couldn't get her to eat hay, until she got spayed, and was forced to be indoors and so not have any grass. Then she would only eat the wilkos or garden centre own brand meadow hay. :roll:

Then my friend gave me the rest of her bag of ings...and I realise that all three went mad for it, so ordered my own bag, and so far they haven't gone off it. :thumb:

Let's hope the ings goes down well with mine then! They've never tried that one so fingers crossed! I'm hoping too that maybe when (WHEN not IF!!) they r bonded into a quad, the other 2 will encourage them to eat more hay :thumb:

Back