• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping....Why?

Lil & Ron's Mum

Warren Scout
Why does Margo hump Ron's face?
She is worse when it is coming up to meal time.
I will lift her off his face, and when I turn around, Ron has shuffled up to her and wedged his head under her chest, so I know he is as much to blame.
Is it Margo showing that she is boss at feeding time, or Ron being submissive or both? (But he also Humps her:roll:)
Is there anyway of making them stop, they've been together almost a year and half, I thought it would have worn off by now, but it is so weird a girly doing it as none of by others did.
(they are both neutered)

sounds like over excited bunny to me. or could be dominance over the food like you say. does she share the food once they start eating?

Why does Margo hump Ron's face?
She is worse when it is coming up to meal time.
I will lift her off his face, and when I turn around, Ron has shuffled up to her and wedged his head under her chest, so I know he is as much to blame.
Is it Margo showing that she is boss at feeding time, or Ron being submissive or both? (But he also Humps her:roll:)
Is there anyway of making them stop, they've been together almost a year and half, I thought it would have worn off by now, but it is so weird a girly doing it as none of by others did.
(they are both neutered)

No.

Both my girls - they are sisters - humped each other, Thumper doing most of the humping (sometimes Coco's face) but although not so frequent now they are spayed, she still does it. Thumper is NOT the dominant one either, so there you are!

Thanks for the reply.
She eats like she has never seen food before and its the last meal she will ever get, she does run off with it tho, but she was neglected before.
They get there meals at a set time to work round our shifts, so breakfast is 7.15 and they will be sat at the kitchen door counting down, and that's when it starts, we will be now where in sight and they know its time, so its not like I am dishing it up ready. You dont need a clock in our house, tell what time of the day with where they are and what they are doing.
I wonder if it is excitement, like you say!
Glad I don't show my excitement that way.:oops:

Thanks for the reply.
She eats like she has never seen food before and its the last meal she will ever get, she does run off with it tho, but she was neglected before.
They get there meals at a set time to work round our shifts, so breakfast is 7.15 and they will be sat at the kitchen door counting down, and that's when it starts, we will be now where in sight and they know its time, so its not like I am dishing it up ready. You dont need a clock in our house, tell what time of the day with where they are and what they are doing.
I wonder if it is excitement, like you say!
Glad I don't show my excitement that way.:oops:

:lol:

matt used to hump bisc when he got over excited. buzzing and humping. bisc didn't mind though. both neutered aswell. never went any further and they were best of friends.

if she's been neglected before then that definitely could be why. x

Back